• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Centurion 5 Owners - Got a Question

sitheris

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
1,787
Do any of you use 3 hard drives in your Centurion 5?

I've noticed the only HD mounting brackets in the case are all back to back to back in the case, meaning no space between each HDD.

Will this cause problems? Is there a way to move the mounting brackets? Is there a way to mount one of my drives in the 5.25" bay?

Thanks
 
Ive done it fora little while, but they dont get much airflow from the lone 80mm, but it should be safe if you really need to do it

I currently have 2 in there now, and have had for months, and it works pretty decent with both having the majority of airflow going under the top drive and above the bottom (1 hdd space between them).

0000050sg7.jpg


Dont think you can take out the mounting rails, and you can mount in a 5.25" bay, but would need an adapter.
 
I have a cavalier, same guts as the centurion.

I use 3 drives in it, without the front shitty 80mm fan. Temperatures aren't THAT bad. And if you're not using the floppy drives, you can use the upper 3.5's too. You should be able to fit them with space to spare.
 
I used two drives and it was fine. However, what I reccomend you do is use the bottom bay, the middle one, and the one below the floppy bay, which would leave a space between all the drives.
 
Back
Top