-jailshell: dircolors: command not found
myusername@servername [~]#

My nightly cron e-mail (it executes a php script):
Code:
/bin/sh: php: command not found

What my nightly cron e-mail is supposed to be:
Code:
Content-type: text/html

Everything was working fine until one day, all of a sudden, so far without explanation, Apache and cPanel produced 500 errors for literally everything. We recompiled Apache and reinstalled cPanel, so now the 500 errors went away...except for domain.com/cpanel, which produces a 500 error (but we can still access cPanel from domain.com:2082).

PHP does work. I have checked many of the cPanel accounts, which is a mixture of Wordpress sites and basic php stuff (nothing fancy) -- all work fine. However, it seems that my account (another Wordpress blog) results in 500 errors, and it isn't generating any error_log files or showing anything in cPanel's Error Log page.

Theories?

The first issue looks like your jail for the jail shell got screwed, if you have root you might try disabling and re-enabling jailshell.

as for the 500 from trying to hit /cpanel have you checked the apache error log to see what happens? copy and paste it if you don't understand and maybe some one can help you decipher it.

The cron failure suggest the path got screwed up some where, possibly related to the jail shell issue. If that doesn't fix it try giving the full path to php which should be /usr/local/bin/php since cron might not be getting a good path.

Back