Center channel not working

PlzDieIRL

Weaksauce
I have the A7N8X deluxe and the logitech Z-680's. My audio used to be perfect, I didn't have any problems with it. After the nforce update that included the new version of the nvmixer I haven't been able to get my center channel working. The center channel plays nothing. The sub works but is not adjustable through windows.

Here's a pic of the mixer showing drivers and whatnot:
00330455.jpg

Here's a picture showing the center channel working through the speaker wizard (which sound comes out of):
00330457.jpg

Here's a picture showing the sub working through the mixer:
00330458.jpg

Here is a picture of the mixer showing that the sub and center channel are not being used:
00330456.jpg

Nothing plays through the center channel except during the speaker wizard and when in dxdiag a couple of the sound tests play through the center.

I tried using different drivers, but that didn't help. I searched Nvidia and Asus's support site and even tried this program that switches the center and the sub but that didn't work either. I also searched around here and a few other forums with no luck.

Anyone have an idea about what's going on here?

i've formatted twice since it stopped working so that's not a viable option. i'm not a very big fan of creative so i don't want to buy anything from them. i'm not a big fan of soundcards in general which is why i got a motherboard with decent onboard.

why would he want an audigy 2 when he's got a soundstorm thatll not only output great 5.1 sound via analog but also carry out Dolby Digital Encoding if he wants it?

pez

Most PC sounds are only stereo. The old soundstorm control panel used to have a check box to create the center by mixing the two front channels. If you still have the old control panel on system, that check box will still work. Check in the Nvidia folder. If you dont, there is a registry hack to do it. Check out nForcersHQ.com.

Do you hear sound from the center when playing a movie in PowerDVD? My brother has the 680's also and had the same problem as you do when updating to the latest nforce drivers. After looking through nvmixer we both noticed that nvidia took away the option to "force center channel." If your center works fine in PowerDVD, i'm afraid this is something you will have to put up with when listening to music - or roll back to an earlier nforce driver.

If I set the effect on the z680's to Dolby Pro LogicII Movie then all the sound comes from the center with very little from the others. With 6ch direct I get all the others but no center. This is using PowerDVD with a movie in 5.1. So I'm not really sure what what means.

I just got the Logitech THX Certified Z-680 5.1 with 500 Watt Silver.
I am having the same problem. My center speaker only works when I use 6Ch. Direct. Overall, the speakers sound much better and cleaner using the Stereo x2 effect but the center speaker does not work. Would it help if I got a digital cable and used the digital sound instead?

Frustrated.

Back