• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Center Channel...gone?

chisaipete

Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
527
I don't know if this is a recent development or not, but after going to college and wanting to watch movies on my desktop I've discovered a serious audio problem. When watching DVD's, under any settings that I've tried-I have no center channel output!

I noticed in the past that some games' positional audio was missing from the center, but shrugged it off as a glitch in the game. Now I'm very suspicious...

My card is an Audigy LS on Logitech Z-640's. Anyone have any ideas/similar situations? Any feedback would be helpful!

I've tried nearly every trick I could dig up on the internet...including a clean boot & install...I don't know if it's the Z-640's because the center channel comes out quiet when connected to an MP3 player--but if I plug the player into the side channel and turn on the "matrix" button the center comes out loud and strong. Also, when I turn on CMSS 3D upmixing the center channel doesn't come out unless you press the "matrix" button.

I've been troubling over this for several months, to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

-Chisaipete
 
I had z680's back in the day, and channels just started disappearing. You speakers may be dying.
 
Haha!

Not that these comments aren't cheering my mood, but they aren't particularly constructive either. :)

Thanks at least for a response!

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, preferably about the sound system... :D

-Chisaipete
 
Figured out it was my z-640s. The center channel is toast. Plugged headphones into the jacks on the soundcard and all the channels came out appropriately.

Just thought somebody was interested....

-Chisaipete
 
I'm interested. Did Santa ever apologize?

Edit: What do you plan on buying now?
 
Aaah, the glory of RMA.

Well, after 30-45 minutes on the phone with Logitech Customer Service...they are shipping me a new set of x-530's...free of charge! w00t!! I'm a happy boy :D

And, I get to keep my old set!! Happy day!

Anyone have any ideas for things to do with an extra set of speakers....

-Chisaipete
 
Back
Top