Census Bureau To Go High-Tech

HardOCP News

[H] News
When you read stories like this you can’t help but think “it’s about damn time.”

To be even more accurate, and save both time and money, the agency hired outside contractors for the 2010 census to supply the wireless computers, linked to a nationwide data collection system.

Perhaps now they would stop double counting or counting dead people :)

Back in 200 I was a contractor for the census. It was a awesome experience. I have never seen so much tech put to use in anyone place in my life.

In the end though I think it is the tax payers that loose. It was widely understood that the government was paying $100.00 an hour for the techs that they had on-site. I can only imagine what it will cost to support these roaming systems.

And what head will roll if these systems are compromised? In light of the whole voting machine fiasco, I say lets stick with pen and paper.

Just my inner end of the world conspiracy nut screaming out.

;)

Back in 200 I was a contractor for the census. It was a awesome experience. I have never seen so much tech put to use in anyone place in my life.

In the end though I think it is the tax payers that loose. It was widely understood that the government was paying $100.00 an hour for the techs that they had on-site. I can only imagine what it will cost to support these roaming systems.

And what head will roll if these systems are compromised? In light of the whole voting machine fiasco, I say lets stick with pen and paper.

Just my inner end of the world conspiracy nut screaming out.

;)

ummm I mean the year 2000. *sigh* :rolleyes:

If they'd stick to what a census is SUPPOSED to be (ie, a headcount of citizens to ensure fair representation), maybe I'd send mine back in.

Back