censorship stinks

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Feedback' started by Archaea, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archaea

Archaea [H]ardForum Junkie

thread moderation is a bit heavy handed in these parts gents.

I see posts dissappear a bit too often for my tastes. A recent example is in the Threadripper crypto mining thread where calm discussion came up that GPUs are still dominant to Threadripper on price to performance value even at inflated GPU prices for profitability. That whole discussion about GPUs was deleted leaving newbies questioning, seeing a limited narrative on the benefits of CPU mining only, and no way to provide a broader answer to legitimately posed questions in the thread.

I see that kind of thing too often in the last few months. Dissenting opinions - bam - just gone.

Group think sucks. Getting along? I get it. Pushing values through silent ninja moderation? Not so cool.

Your Forum, your rules --- but if nobody speaks up on things that bother them, then you aren't able to get any feedback. Consider this as constructive feedback, from a long time member.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. ob1

ob1 2[H]4U

Right, and posting political news then saying not to post anything political else you get banned... I get it, your board and all that...

3. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

A link might help me evaluate the issue.

4. Archaea

Archaea [H]ardForum Junkie

5. Kyle_Bennett

The thread was way off topic, had descended into bickering, was getting abusive, so I put it back on track. Should you wish to discuss GPU mining, I highly suggest you not do it in a thread that is specific to another product and category. Also keep in mind, that is a HardOCP Review discussion thread. Yes, we like to keep those on the topic so we have a open avenue to discuss our work with our readers. Having to slog through tons of off topic posts to find what is relevant to our readers about our content is a huge PITA. Sorry you feel as though something more sinister is going on. Bottom line, if you want to discuss GPU mining, do not do it in a HardOCP Review thread that is specific to Threadripper.

I think the rest of it, you are making a bit up in your head. Go read Rule #1. When that gets broken, we use the warning system here. If you can't share your "dissenting opinion" without calling someone names, trolling, or flamebaiting, it is highly likely that post will be deleted. However, it will not be because of the opinion you shared, but rather because you were being a dick about it and causing the mods troubles and messes that we ultimately have to clean up.

6. EVIL-SCOTSMAN

EVIL-SCOTSMAN [H]ardness Supreme

*&# is wrong with £@#’!ng censorship ?

Master_shake_ likes this.
  7. Kyle_Bennett

Not a goddamn thing, motherfucker. Shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.