CellFactor: Revolution announced

SlamDunk

Limp Gawd
Artificial Studios Brings Ultra-Realistic Physics and Intense Psychic Combat to Life With CellFactor: Revolution for the PC

Saw a bit about this on the official CellFactor forums a couple of months ago. Nice to see this confirmed.

Screenshots: http://www.cellfactorgame.com/images/screenshots/
HD trailer: http://www.cellfactorgame.com/trailers/CF_Revolution_Trailer.wmv (03m06s, 1280x720, 12.37Mbps)

Revolution, featuring five worlds with fully destructible architecture, playable as a single-player or network supported (LAN or broadband online) game.
Key advancements from CellFactor: Combat Training to CellFactor: Revolution include:

-- Fully destructible architecture in five unique environments -- bust
through walls, break down pillars, blow up bridges and more.
-- CellFactor: Revolution establishes a new standard of real-time
multiplayer interactivity -- thousands of breakable objects become
instant deadly arms. Four times the amount of interactive objects as
CellFactor: Combat Training.
-- Powerful new Psychic abilities, including Psi Rift (hold many objects
at once with both hands), Psi Crunch (implode whatever the character is
holding), Psi Wave (part an ocean of objects in front of you), Dual-
Wielding of any two weapons and more.
-- New vehicles, including a flying mechanized power-suit that creates an
dynamic gameplay experience.
-- New weapons, including a physically realistic Grappling Hook, giving
players more ways to destroy enemies and the environment around them.
-- Fresh gameplay modes include Assault and physics-oriented sports modes
in addition to Deathmatch and Physical Capture the Flag.

The ageia new page has a link to that page to. So it's official. :)
Only a release date like month or next year or year after that? Would be nice to to know.

Well the First Gameplay PhysX game out of those 65+ or so.

I hope so, this means lot of Gameplay physX in a real game. But hope they make a good game. Due to its uniek features it could be the killer app. Maybe more so then UT2007. But UT2K7 will help to.

this is the kinda thing that would get me to buy a ppu. fully destrucatble enviroment, hells yea. now if only they would come out wih a cheaper pci express version :eek:

Now if they can cut the costs of PPU's and actually show that they help your system.

Yay! a deadline for my new rig LoL

and a deadline for Ageia to release their damn PCI-E version!

^QFT!

How many years have we had these extra slots on our boards that are used for absolutely nothing?

Whether the extra bandwidth is beneficial or not, these slots should be used!

Well CF:R is very interresting as I am very interresting in Modding for it.
Cf:CT is some rushed demo project and the scripfile for weapons.
Like the asaultrifle looks hairy.
For a full commercial game they must make it more modulair to easaly extend the game to scripting. So it's more OOP
Very currious how the differrent weapon scripts look like.

phez said:
Gametrailers also lists this for the 360.
Are you sure?
So far as i know.
CF before the partner ship with ageia was a Single player PC+console game. Mid development.
then the teamed up with ageia. Put the project in the freezer and made the Cf:CT physX game demo.
And now the have anounced CF:R for PC only.
I thought but could be wrong?
So date of that trailer could mean something. likes it dated out or not.

SuperGee said:
Are you sure?
So far as i know.
CF before the partner ship with ageia was a Single player PC+console game. Mid development.
then the teamed up with ageia. Put the project in the freezer and made the Cf:CT physX game demo.
And now the have anounced CF:R for PC only.
I thought but could be wrong?
So date of that trailer could mean something. likes it dated out or not.

Doesn't it sound feasible that CF:CT was the rushed out Ageia exclusive and then they went back and CF:R is what the team really wanted to make all along. This could be what the studio wanted CellFactor to be from the beginning, and if they wanted it on consoles from the beginning they could be bringing this to consoles. At least it sounds reasonable to me.

I do seem to remember talks of Agiea and the 360 possibly being bed partners... I dont remember anything specific tho, just that they get along well...

Ageia is storming a new market with the PPU. I don't thing Xbox360 will run away.
But for Ageia it's important they have something decent of a game out to support PPU sales. For ageia it is for up most importance to get such game out earlier then later.
If console are supported they will come after the PC release.

It will be interesting to see what level of support we see in this game. Will the retail version have effect and gameplay physics? That will be the major deciding factor in purchasing a dedicated PPU.

R1ckCa1n said:
It will be interesting to see what level of support we see in this game. Will the retail version have effect and gameplay physics? That will be the major deciding factor in purchasing a dedicated PPU.

"Fully destructible architecture" must be gameplay physics.

HOCP4ME said:
"Fully destructible architecture" must be gameplay physics.

I am not talking about the "wish list" of features but the actual retail version and what it a PPU will bring to the overal gaming experience.

This might be the game that brings PhysX into the light. I hope it goes well.

now where is my PCI-E card? :(

the demo was awesome, im glad they are making a full game. Hopefully the PPU price tag won't drag it down too much.

Back