• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cell Phone Interference and Microphones

kengle3

n00b
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
4
Recently I switched from a CDMA cell phone to a GSM cell phone, and became quickly aware of the interference it can have on electronics via complaints while gaming with VoIP. I know this is a very common issue, and I can't seem to find any real solution other than simply turning the phone off or moving it as far as 50 feet away.

I don't fully understand the issue at hand but was curious, why doesn't this problem seem to occur with bluetooth headsets? Would it be a potential solution for me to purchase a bluetooth headset for gaming since I'd prefer to keep my phone on me at all times? I'm not really concerned about sound quality so much as functionality.
 
The long cable on your microphone acts like a conductor and as a result picks up interference.
 
Back
Top