• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Celeron M lying around...

J_I_M_B_O

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
400
What can I use a celeron M chip for (and dont tell me an ash tray, jewelry or anything of that nature lol) I cant seem to find a mother board that supports it. And I know theres that adapter from asus, I had one but I threw it out accidently. Soooo... I have no idea what to do with it
 
I'm replacing the Celery M in my laptop soon. I'll have my Celery laying around too. Not sure what I can do with it, but the keychain thing sounds good.
 
lol yeah.
but I like the barebones laptop idea, cept... I've got only $100 right now to spare and I dont think anyones gonna hook me up with a barebones for that... if only
 
get a cheap P4P800 board, the adapter, drop the celeron m and 1gb ram in it...and use it for an HTPC or folding.
 
>>>>>>>>$100<<<<<<<<


lol I've also got a P4m laptop, just the bottom half here too. this place is like a comp graveyard

OH JUST GOT AN IDEA!!!
People are unloading laptop mobos on ebay all the time!!
 
sorry.. we must have been typing the post at the same time, b/c when I replied, there was no mention of only $100 to spare.

tough one tho on that. sell it? Ebay it as a "High Performance M-Class Celeron Processor. Much like the BMW M series, this is a real seat-of-the-pants experience you'll never forget." :p

maybe a single board computer???? if they support that socket, I see SBC's on ebay all the time for <$100
 
yeam ebay seems like a decent option...

or you can always just save up and buy th barebones in a few months, and then use the laptop as an HTPC/home media server :)
 
Back
Top