Celeron M 350J(1.3GHz) overclocking

widefault

Supreme [H]ardness
Just picked up some of these for various projects/resale and had the chance to play with overclocking one. These are based on the Pentium-M Dothan core, stripped down to 1MB cache and only the most basic power savings. 1.3GHz, C0 core, and they have the Execute Disable feature.

To make it short and sweet, my randomly picked chip will run reliably on a 160Mhz bus, just a tad over 2GHz. That's at default voltage of 1.25volts, too. Can't do more voltage, using the AOpen i855 chipset board and without mods I can't get more juice. I did get it up to 170MHz bus, but it was flakey. 166MHz bus was better, passes all stability tests but won't boot at that speed. Had to use the AOpen tool for that. So I've settled for only the 60% overclock. Memory running 1:1, it's generic stuff and I can't push much out of it.

Temperature-wise it's just as impressive. Full load temps at 2GHz are around 45C with the AOpen's stock cooling and a small, poorly ventilated mATX case.

AOpen Tool(@166MHz FSB)
c-m1.jpg

CPU-Z(@166MHz FSB)
c-m2.jpg

As for performance, it's in the same range as a P-M at the same speed. Loses because of the smaller cache, but the higher bus helps out.

Back