• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Celeron D, what should I overclock it to?

Exactly how hot is it running? That CPU is a Prescott/Cedar Mill CPU (depending on whether it's 65nm or 90nm), so it can take some pretty high levels of heat. As long as it's below 70C you should be okay, so long as it doesn't start crashing on you.
 
It's 65nm.

Well.. At least I think it's running hot. It usually runs at 50-60C(fan turns to 98% of full speed when it's 60). I changed it to 3.4GHz because I wasn't so sure what to set it to.

cpu-z.jpg


So what should I oveclock it to? Should I leave it at 4.0GHz? Or should I go over?

edit: I hit 4.5GHz it and it crashed when I pushed apply. I'm using clockgen to oc it.
 
You may as well leave it at 4GHz or higher if you can manage. Temps of 50-60C on a Cedar Mill chip are actually quite low. Like I mentioned in my last post, as long as you keep it under 70C, you're okay.
 
Back
Top