CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blue's News has the lowdown on CD PROJEKT RED's upcoming plans. Aside from the next The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt expansion pack, it looks like the studio will be putting out a "new type" of video game this year.

Plans have been divided into two periods: the current year (2016) and the following five-year period (2017-2021). Within each period individual .items are not arranged in chronological order.

CD PROJEKT RED Studio (2016)

• Release of the second expansion pack for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine.
    • Implementation of new promotional and marketing activities supporting continued sales of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
    • A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio.
(Later years (2017-2021)

• Release of Cyberpunk 2077.
    • Release of another AAA RPG title.
    • Expansion of our core franchises with additional media content and product lines.
    • Further active marketing and support for our earlier releases.
    • Near-twofold expansion of the CD PROJEKT RED team.

Given how no one has heard about it and they still plan to release it this year I'm guessing "new video game format" = some mobile crap for iOS and Android. Probably a standalone Gwent app.

Given how no one has heard about it and they still plan to release it this year I'm guessing "new video game format" = some mobile crap for iOS and Android. Probably a standalone Gwent app.

This EXACTLY. There's no way, for a minute, that I believe it's going to be anything that we'll actually give a shit about. No one's known of it, they've been working on the Witcher series, etc.

Yeah, I say it's going to be some mobile shit.

I remember the Cyberpunk announcement trailer, has there been any other coverage than that?

No theyve had everything under wraps and on lock down. If there's one game I'm looking forward above all others (besides maybe Borderlands 3), it is Cyberpunk 2077. Judging by their competency in crafting Witcher 3, Cyberpunk should easily become the best sci-fi RPG of all time.

I wish they'd do a full on Gwent game a la hearthstone, with some more balancing and more card variety I think it could stand on its own.

I wish they'd do a full on Gwent game a la hearthstone, with some more balancing and more card variety I think it could stand on its own.

Yes, and then they can remove it from The Witcher :)

This EXACTLY. There's no way, for a minute, that I believe it's going to be anything that we'll actually give a shit about. No one's known of it, they've been working on the Witcher series, etc.

Yeah, I say it's going to be some mobile shit.

I'd play a stand alone Gwent game...

Yes, and then they can remove it from The Witcher :)

Why remove it? It was great and probably stands as one of the best game-within-a-games in a video game. A lot better than the dice game from Witcher 2 and more enjoyable than most rpg mini-games. It felt like it belonged in the world and played a role rather than being a side-content thing for making a quick buck.

I hope it is not a standalone Gwent app, I will loose soooo much money to that game :(

Back