CDex no worky

McClintoc

Fully [H]
Anyone here use the CD ripping software CDex? It's a free program obtainable from download.com. I have used it plenty before with no problems but now I keep getting an error when I try to launch it. I have been using CDex 1.50 but when it gave me the error, I download the newer CDex 1.51. After installing both and trying to launch both, I get the same error. The error message says:

Failed to load the wnaspi32.dll driver!
Use the "Native NT SCSI library" driver option instead?
Yes/No

It doesn't matter if I click Yes or No but when I do, the program will launch but it won't recognise any of my CD drives, meaning I can't get to the songs on the disc I have in the drive. This applies to both version of the program on both of my computers. Is this a Windows issue? Both of my computers are running WinXP Home SP2. Any ideas?

never seen that but I use and ooooolllldd version of the sw. can you get prior versions? I might still have the installed at home somewhere for what I use...

hmm, i haven't looked around to see if i could get an older version, but all that shows up on download.com is 1.50 and 1.51

YES! thanks for the help BillLeeLee! forceASPI is freaking awsome! my cdex works now!

Either ForceASPI or use the native SPTI interface in 2K/XP instead of that Adaptec stuff that needs to die off already. >.>

Back