CD specials or high APY savings?

Oh4Sh0

2[H]4U
I'm looking for somewhere else to begin stashing some retirement funds, anyone know of what the best deals currently going on for these?

Thanks

I've got an account with Dollar Savings Direct which currently is offering 3.2%. DSD's parent emigrant bank is operating at a very high leverage ratio though, which leaves them rather vulnerable in the current economic climate. OTOH FDIC insurance covers an amount far higher than my current savings levels so I'm not that worried.

redneckbank.com

rewards checking pays 5.25% (on balances up to $25000) w 10 atm card uses per month. No direct deposit needed

fdic insured. division of bank of the wichitas

I just like that bank. I have seen deals up to 6% but those need direct deposit and maybe one or two billpay per month (in addition to so many atm transactions)

redneckbank.com

rewards checking pays 5.25% (on balances up to $25000) w 10 atm card uses per month. No direct deposit needed

I just like that bank. I have seen deals up to 6% but those need direct deposit and maybe one or two billpay per month (in addition to so many atm transactions)

5.25% APY is pretty awesome, though 25k max is kinda low and over 25k is 2.25% APY.

redneckbank.com

You HAVE to make 10 debit card purchases each month to get the 5.25%? No thanks...I think I've used my debit card 2 times in 10 years...

You HAVE to make 10 debit card purchases each month to get the 5.25%? No thanks...I think I've used my debit card 2 times in 10 years...

hmm why not? can't you just make small purchases like a bottle of soda at a 7-11? or is there a minimum purchase price? I haven't used my debit card literally in 2 years to purchase something, I only use it to deposit checks and withdraw.

hmm why not? can't you just make small purchases like a bottle of soda at a 7-11? or is there a minimum purchase price? I haven't used my debit card literally in 2 years to purchase something, I only use it to deposit checks and withdraw.

If a bottle of soda were 1 dollar:

1000 * 1.0025 = 1002.50

1000 * 1.055 = 1055 - 120*1 = 935

I have a account with charter bank they offer a similar deal, but with 13 transactions a month. Typically, I just don't use cash and use my debit card to make all my purchases.

Back