CD Projekt RED Gets $7 Million From Polish Government To Research Seamless Multiplayer, City Creatio

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Witcher developer has just been granted an attractive sum so they can excel in four areas of game development that include seamless multiplayer and cinematic feel. They are currently working on Cyberpunk 2077, which is already expected to demonstrate their passion in these areas.

CD Projekt RED got the biggest cut of Poland’s 116 million PLN fund granted by the NCBR (National Center for Research of Development) to several of the most prominent Polish game developers. All four proposals submitted by CD Projekt RED were approved, as well as an additional proposal for GOG.com focused on the creation of a “generic support cross-platform multiplayer gaming software for popular consoles and operating systems”. In total, the studio known for The Witcher series will receive 30 million PLN, which roughly amounts to $7 million.

There is some the extra info in the CD Projekt RED Book. It sounds great. They really laser in on the specifics, since all the details can get you spinning.

I'm more excited about GOG.com getting a brief mention in the article. Been a member since 2009 and find the service superior to similar ones such as Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battlenet, etc. Though it's no longer emphasizing its original mission (to bring classic and often out of circulation games back to life, optimized to run on modern hardware and operating systems), I still look to it first whenever I search for news on the remote but not entirely impossible notion of No One Lives Forever getting rereleased.

I like GOG client as well, I like that it also seems to be optional, once installed you can just click on the game's exe file and it launches without spawning GOG client probably because their claim that the games are DRM free.

Can't wait for Cyberpunk but I bet its still a couple of years away. Wish they would give us 1-2 more Witcher dlcs like Blood and Wine. Would have been fun to play Witcher in an Arab setting or maybe Asian.

Back