CD Key Stores

fullvietFX

[H]ard|Gawd
Can you guys recommend me some good ones? The ones that pop up on Google look so shady!

cdkeysdirect.com worked for me multiple times

mmoga.de is so far the one i ordered from most without any problems ever.

OP, Some places like Steam occasionally find CD key websites objectionable. FYI.

OP, Some places like Steam occasionally find CD key websites objectionable. FYI.

What does this statement mean?

I have purchased a few games via these sites.. like MW3 and SR3.
MW3 was RU (only needed activated via a VPN). No issues/no problems.

Q-BZ, yeah you could compare it to imported gray market items, like cameras bought in the US with a asian warranty and such. However, they are completely legit copies of the games, mostly just without the regional price gauging attached. These keys are NOT, and i repeat this, NOT pirated versions of the games, but totally legit. Some stores send you the original box with the CD even if you ask for it.

What does this statement mean?

I have purchased a few games via these sites.. like MW3 and SR3.
MW3 was RU (only needed activated via a VPN). No issues/no problems.

Steam has on occasion killed people's CD keys that were registered via Steam, but not purchased through Steam.

I believe there's EULA language in Steam about 3rd party CD key sites.

Q-BZ, yeah you could compare it to imported gray market items, like cameras bought in the US with a asian warranty and such. However, they are completely legit copies of the games, mostly just without the regional price gauging attached. These keys are NOT, and i repeat this, NOT pirated versions of the games, but totally legit. Some stores send you the original box with the CD even if you ask for it.

Cool!

A word of warning... although every key I've bought from some of these sites works on Steam & Origin, some of them usually want a form of ID to prove yourself. I find it complete BS but you can only argue so far with them. I was able to give a membership ID with my name on it in order to convince one such vendor. Another, I rained down fire with my words in order to get a key w/o showing anything.

Be sure to read ALL ToSs before you jump the gun & purchase a key for a great price.

I don't have the link underhand right now, but be aware that over at NeoGaf the mods found out from a reliable source that a lot of these places --including those that people consider without issues-- sell stolen keys via credit card frauds. All discussion in regards to these sites are now treated under the same policy as piracy over there ever since.

Steam has on occasion killed people's CD keys that were registered via Steam, but not purchased through Steam.

I believe there's EULA language in Steam about 3rd party CD key sites.
It's very simple -- if you do not want to risk having games removed from your account or even your account banned stick to the official sellers such as Green Man Gaming, D2D, Get Games, Gamers Gate etc.

I'm officially off grey market keys. Steam yanked a couple thousand Dead Island keys this week including mine. I thought I was buying a regular key but when it registered it registered as "Eastern Europe". Buy from an official site as the above noted.

cdkeysdirect.com worked for me multiple times

I recently bought Kingdoms of Amalur from them. It took almost 2 days between placing the order and getting my key. Not exactly fast, but apparently they had a shipment of games come in they needed to work on that weekend, and considering I got the game for half the price of retail, I didn't raelly complain. Other customers have reported getting their keys within minutes to a day, so YMMV on that. Their rep on facebook is pretty active on there and helps take care of customers' issues if they have any.

Most games, even through the legit US sites, drop prices so quick that you could wait a few months after release and get the games totally 100% legally for $10 on sale. The truth is you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you cannot afford the full retail price, then it's OK to wait. You may actually be costing yourself more money by buying gray market games, then having that revoked later, than you would if you just waited to get the better US price. If you wait and pay the lower price, you'll never get it taken away.

These sites will always look shady, simple webpage and for some reason most of them have poor English, most probably because they operate from countries like Russia where English is not their mother tongue.

There is always a risk that the game publisher may decide to be a dick and deactivate all Russian keys that are activated outside Russia for example. I don't think I have ever heard of such issue yet (most cases that went bad involved stolen keys) but then I've only bought one game from these key sites.

Best you can do is to get it from those "reputable" ones like cdkeyhouse and cjs key who do sell legit retail keys, and hope that the publisher don't do anything about those Russian retail keys being used elsewhere.

Aren't these all gray market at best?

Yes, they're not listed as authroized resellers of keys although honestly they're just selling retail copies and then not shipping you the product is all. If you're not installing games that are outside your own region it's no different than going to a store a buying a physical copy and activating it on steam.

I believe it's perfectly legal providing you're getting games designed for your territory and not some cheap russian version, although Valve are going to frown upon it I don't think there's an awful lot they can do to stop it, or even detect it.

The stores themselves and the legitimacy of the key you get are always up for question though, I believe most of them are in fact legit in that they're not selling keys more than once etc, they're just making the most from a gap in the market.

I have dealt with cjs,int & cdkeysdiscount .From last 8 months I have been using keys4gamers.com & I got to say after buying my 7th game from them I am surprised by there consistent service,superb customer support (Very Very friendly people). Legit keys,including lifetime warranty (I have over 380 games in my steam account & around 105 in origin,I havent come across the term "lifetime warranty" anywhere else.It shows 1 thing about keys4gamers,they are dam confident with there keys.They send you picture/scan of the key.Another positive aspect is that they accept paypal.They sell retail cd keys which work with origin & steam.The best part is when other sites are selling crappy russian keys which requires language changer,editing,registry patching for $30 bucks keys4gamers is selling the legit key scan of battlefield 3 for same price !!!!

I had horrible experiences with cjs & int keys.corey is dam slow & they sell keys without any confirmation or stock in hand.moreover,they are like money hungry trolls.int made me wait for 3 days & I found customer support very rude.the price difference is huge as well.the game sold by cjs say for $36 bucks is available on keys4gamers for $28 only !

cjs deletes the facebook post,they dont answer emails,they make you wait for days & than the customer care says they will send a refund .Really are you kidding me ??? your so called autokey shows before purchase that 70 keys are in stock however when you go to collect your key after payment its all out of stock !!!!! what a cheat cjs

I buy for my friends as well & to sum it up :

keys4gamers - 9.8/10
cjs - 6.2/10
int keys -4/10

I have also purchased many games through cdkeyhouse & cdkeysdiscount however due to bad customer service & $8-10 higher pricing than K4G I am not even considering to rate them !!!

Personally I don't trust these grey market CD Key stores. At anytime the publisher/developer could sweep through and ban your key and your screwed.

I would rather have piece of mind and just wait for a sale from the well known sources.

Just bought from offgamers for the first time the other day on others recommendation. Get experience, had my keys in under thirty minutes.

Back