• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CD drive error

Havoc501

n00b
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
13
First off, I tried to search the forums for this problem, but it returned so many results that it was taking too long to look though so sorry if this issue has already been addressed somewhere else.
I just built a new computer, and for some reason, after loading windows, my CD drives do not read CDs. I put my Asus CD in and the green light on the CD drive just stays on, I can hear the CD spinning, and when I go to click on my CD drive in my computer the window just freezes and says it is not responding. But, everything goes back to normal if I press the eject button on my CD drive. This happens with both of my CD drives. I know they work because I just installed XP from one of them. I also tried to remove one of the CD drives from device manager and then reinstall it.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Havoc501 said:
I know they work because I just installed XP from one of them.
You don't know THEY work, you only know ONE works. ;) I bet if you unplug the other drive, the one you installed Windows with will work just fine.

Here is my list, in order, to help you find the problem.:


1.) Check the jumpers on the back of the drives, make sure one is slave and one is master. (rule of thumb is to set your burner as master)

2.) Try a different IDE cable, bad cables can cause this problem.

3.) Try each drive individually to see if one is not working. At this point I can almost certainly say the second drive is dead.
 
Back
Top