cd burning issue

Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
16
About 6 months ago my plextor 40x12x40 stopped burning cds, kept erroring out trying to initiate the burn. I assumed it was a hardware problem and recently replaced it with a nec nd-3520a dvd-r. The nec burns dvd's just fine, but gives me the same exact issue when attempting to burn cds. I've tried multiple programs with both drives, and installed the plextor on my backup machine to see if it was some problem with my current comp. I've going nuts trying to figure out what the problem might be. if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

edit for clarification: have tried burning with 3 different types of media of varying quality, and the issue is with any type of file, not just images.
 
Problem resolved. fought it for 3 months, finally posted, got angry, reinstalled mobo ide drivers, cds burn fine. aargh.
 
Back
Top