Mar 9, 2004 #1 D djnes Fully [H] Joined Mar 24, 2000 Messages 19,560 Are they really necessary anymore? I'm referring to the little gray ones that go from CD drive to sound card. Audio from DVDs doesn't utilize the cable, and neither does in-game music, right? So, I'm thinking these are pointless.
Are they really necessary anymore? I'm referring to the little gray ones that go from CD drive to sound card. Audio from DVDs doesn't utilize the cable, and neither does in-game music, right? So, I'm thinking these are pointless.
Mar 9, 2004 #2 X xonik [H]F Junkie Joined Jun 20, 2001 Messages 10,318 No, they're not necessary at all if you are running a modern OS (anything after Windows 98). Everything is now transferred over the IDE bus using the ATAPI protocol.
No, they're not necessary at all if you are running a modern OS (anything after Windows 98). Everything is now transferred over the IDE bus using the ATAPI protocol.