CCNA VOICE CERT opinions?

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
I'm curious if anyone has taken this.

CCNA Voice (640-460 IIUC)

and has any opinions? Is it difficult?

Kind of a long shot, I know most guys here are standard IP types, but I'm working towards a more Hybrid career. Couple of my friends are already working at Cedar Point or in SIP trunking related fields and it seems more interesting to me than IP routing/Engineer/Design jobs.

Yes I completed that test, along with 3 other tests, we had to get VoIP certs with our new partnership with Cisco at my company.

It was HARD AS HELL. I took the tests, and don't remember what I learned, because unless you use it everyday, you lose it.

VoIP is hardcore, goodluck with that...:rolleyes:

A co-worker took it, it is focused on SMB Voice (UC series, UCME), not Enterprise like the CCVP is.

I know my co-worker came very close to passing on his first try, we determined 1 question is what he needed to pass.

At any rate, I don't know how hard it could be. SMB is easy compared to Ent. stuff.

The only problem I see with the CCNA specialization certs is, atm no one really knows about them. I wouldn't go expecting a new employer to know what they are. Obviously, unless they work for a Cisco Partner.

Im kinda confused because the press book for it hasnt even been released yet so I don't know what to study. Any ideas?

Back