CCFL Lights

Chomp

Gawd
What are CCFL lights? Do they emit UV radiation?

I'm going to buy some things that are UV reactive, so what kind of light do I need. Will cold cathodes work?

CCFL stands for Cold Cathode Florecent Light(s)

Cheers,

lol that is true.

when u do get the CCFL find a good spot to mount it where theres enough room because those things get hot and take up space. well the ones ive seen.

I always had the notion that CCFLs were cold (hence their name) but i guess I was wrong =|, doubt I'm going to buy any now.

-Nick

they get hot because its a light. light generates heat. if ur going to use them everyonce in a while then you should get them. like for show when some1 comes over or somthing. they dont give off that much heat. they have to be on for a while inorder to get ur case hotter.

So a regular cold cathode won't make my UV reactive stuff glow?

Only a UV CCFL light will work?

Originally posted by Chomp
So a regular cold cathode won't make my UV reactive stuff glow?

Only a UV CCFL light will work?

Hence the name "UV reactive"

and yes you need a UV CCFL to make "UV Reactive" stuff glow.

:rolleyes:

not all the time. if u get blue CCFL u will see a glow in it. same with other CCFL. it looks better with the UV light anyways

CCFLs are warm to the touch, certainly not hot like a light bulb. I notice absolutely no difference in my case temps with one 12" CCFL and one on the exhaust fan. Not 1C difference.

I have a cathode on the bottom of my case that's on all the time... and it's cold to the touch.... as is the bottom of my case.

Back