CCC not detecting my monitor

3-zero-3

n00b
Well, I have searched and not found anything, so here it goes.

I just got a 4870x2, and not being that familiar with the ATI software I went to work on installing things. I installed Vista 64bit, the ATI drivers (+CCC) and I noticed that in the CCC my video card just stays (Default VGA Monitor) next to it.

Well, I would like to use my old, but still awesome SONY FW900 widescreen monitor as it was intended. I disabled the "use extended display ..." and setup my own resolution and max refresh rate, but this really doesn't cut it.

Vista has a driver for the monitor, and I've installed that. Am I missing something obvious?

Mine's totally the opposite. Vista shows Generic PnP monitor while CCC shows it properly as a Dell 2405. I'm not sure exactly where the failure is.

Hmm,

I would imagine that is because your monitor is new, and supports the DDC? Mine is VGA, 'ol school.

My monitor is one of the first widescreen LCDs to hit the market. It's maybe 5 years old? Actually, I'd guess it as a 2005 model by the way Dell seems to do model #'s, but I know I've had it longer than that.

Sorry to hear you're having the same prob. I haven't found a solution yet, and I can't get my max resolution ATM either.

Okay, I found the problem. I was looking at the specs for DCC, and it is older than the monitor. The pinouts on a diagram I found for VGA was helpful, since the cable I was using only had 14 of the 15 pins in it..!!! As soon as I swapped the cable for a VGA cable with 15 pins, voila!

CCC now sees the monitor, max res and all. I still have a problem where it won't let me set it to my max resolution, but I am half way there!

Hope this helps.

Back