CCC fan control question

F.E.A.R.

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an HD4850 crossfire set-up (ASUS and Visiontek). Currently, I use the fan control program that came with the ASUS card that allows me to control fan speed as it reaches certain temps. I am pretty sure though that my second card fan speed is unaffected.

I tried using the CCC fan control yesterday, but while listening to the fans it seems that it only controls the primary card again leaving the 2nd card at the stock fan speed. Is my premise correct? How can I adjust fan speed for both units?

Thanks for the help.

Under Overdrive there is manual control for both cards. The little tabbed drop down box with the cards name allows you to choose either card. The main card will have the monitors name next to it.

I'm on 4870's I have my primary set to 40% and my secondary set to 35%. Different because my 120mm fan on my side panel blows almost directly on my secondary card. I wish it was about three quarters of an inch higher to evenly hit both cards. :(

Still quiet but keeps things cooler then the default. If for some reason my GPU goes above 80c Powerplay kicks up the fan speed to drop it back down.

You're correct.

You can use ATI Tool to control the lower card, that's how I did it with my 3870 crossfire setup.

OR you can do this:

1. Turn ON Overdrive in the CCC and leave the clocks speeds at default.
2. Make a profile in the CCC (this will be your fan speed profile, you can have more than one)
3. Find and EDIT (via rightclick) the "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\PROFILENAME.XML" File

<Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_0">
<Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Manual" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="0" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_0">
<Property name="Want" value="65" />

and then scroll down and the _1:
<Feature name="FanSpeedAlgorithm_1">
<Property name="FanSpeedAlgorithm" value="Manual" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedRPMTarget_1">
<Property name="Want" value="0" />
</Feature>
<Feature name="FanSpeedPercentTarget_1">
<Property name="Want" value="65" />

to force the lower fans fan speed, then load the profile and you're good to go.

Back