• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cayman Dual Link DVI question

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
7,008
Quick question, I have 3 monitors that I require to connect specifically via dual link DVI, I know the cayman cards have one dual link, one single link 1 mini dvi and some mini DP. I need the adapters I'm assuming to go dual link DVI.

I specifically want the monitors to run @ 120hz which the monitors can do via their dual link dvi inputs. What recourse do I have via cayman or cayman crossfire solution? I may buy a pair tonight along with needed adapters. Thanks in advance.

Oh and if simply not possible let me know. TIA again.
 
Last edited:
An active adapter like the one you have listed should work. I use http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1295184099&sr=8-5 for my monitor and it runs great.

Do you run dual link DVI @ 120hz. Technically if the active adapters allow up to 2560x1600 then they absolutely should run 120hz as dual link DVI is a requirement for that resolution. I'm thinking I should be okay but I would feel so much better and actually go out and order the card if somebody who is running @ 1920x1080 @ 120hz using a active mini dp adapter to dvi can confirm 100% that it should work.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I run 2 of the same ones that USMC uses, but I don't run 120hz monitors though...

sorry I can't confirm for your setup
 
Ya sorry, dont have 120hz monitors but if that is spec then these adapters SHOULD work. Worst case scenario is you have to return them and your back where you are now.
 
Ya sorry, dont have 120hz monitors but if that is spec then these adapters SHOULD work. Worst case scenario is you have to return them and your back where you are now.

Good point, I just finished ordering 2 of those adapters from monoprice and I have also ordered 2 MSI 6950s from newegg with free shipping for $299.99, I get a $20 rebate off of one card. I could have gotten the HIS brand and gotten free shipping also but $10 more off of the one card as they have a $30 rebate but I've heard good things about MSI support and nothing but bad things about HiS so $10 is a small price to pay for better support.

The 6950 was a last minute change as I expected to get 2 6970s. I figure I'll unlock them and then watercool later down the line. Besides watercooling to come in a months time this will complete my new build

Asus P8P67Deluxe
Core i7 2600k
OCZ Vertex 90GB SSD For OS and games
LG 16x Blu Ray Burner with 3d playback
Dual 1TB Seagate for storage
X-Fi Pro Fatality PCi
3x Asus 120hz 23.6inch 3d ready monitors
8GB PC12800 DDR 3 1600 ram

Hopefully these cards make me happy, the value alone so far has. It's been a long time since I've gone the AMD route, hopefully all goes well. I'll update the thread with pics when I get the cards and also IF the adapters and setup work @ 120hz. Thanks to the few who helped.

Edit: in some freak occurance my order was rejected because I inputed the wrong CW2 code, I then cancelled the order and ordered 1 MSI and one HiS to get both rebates. Fuck it. LOL
 
Last edited:
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with them. One monitor should be able to handle anything you throw at them and I'd imagine 60+ with 3d running, though I don't run in 3d so we'll see i guess.
 
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with them. One monitor should be able to handle anything you throw at them and I'd imagine 60+ with 3d running, though I don't run in 3d so we'll see i guess.

I really hope so :D Anyway, I know everyone will be shocked. Here it is



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My build still boxed up. Including both 6950.
 
Last edited:
Nice, what kind of monitor mount did you pick up? Its hard to tell with the tiny pictures but it looks like the Chief triple mount?
 
Are those monoprice adapters working at 120HZ? This thread was never updated.
 

Sorry about that, I've been having so much fun gaming in eyefinity with my crossfire 6970s... Yes they worked, once in a while one will go out and I'll have to unplug it and, plug it back in real quick for them to work but they are doing a good job at 120hz. I do have a little tearing on my native dvi connection due to the Cayman different adapter bug thingy but no game tearing at all.
 
Back
Top