Cave Digger

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We have an affinity for VR games around here, and this one caught my eye today. If being isolated in a small hole in the ground and grinding, grinding, and more grinding turn you on, Cave Digger will be your thing. The guy in the video surely makes it out to be tremendously exciting. Maybe we can do coffins next? Too late, and too late.

Check out the video.

Cave Digger is a virtual reality mining game for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. The game takes place in a small town in an alternative western universe. Gear up with scrappy aftermarket tools and devices and jump into the elevator that will take you deep down into the mine. Find the rich veins that are just waiting for the honest, hard workers to whack their pickaxes at them!

It is a very thinly veiled jab at the current games market. Get more stuff so you can get more stuff, all in the pursuit of getting more stuff. And, strangely, I kind of want to fall down that rabbit's hole...

It is a very thinly veiled jab at the current games market. Get more stuff so you can get more stuff, all in the pursuit of getting more stuff. And, strangely, I kind of want to fall down that rabbit's hole...

Of course you do, what kind of monster doesn't want more stuff?

Time is a circle and so are you.

The joke is they install a miner on your system. Two wabbits.

I've been playing Subnautica a lot - very cool cool. It supports VR. I'm curious how it plays - you are mostly underwater, in a base you build, or possibly exploring caves (and drowning).

I've been playing Subnautica a lot - very cool cool. It supports VR. I'm curious how it plays - you are mostly underwater, in a base you build, or possibly exploring caves (and drowning).

The VR on Subnautica is geared towards the Rift so, while you can move around, the Vive controllers are not supported. It says keyboard and mouse is supported, but they don't work for VR. Your only option is to use a controller (Xbox, Steam, or the like).

I get a bit of the locomotion sickness from the sit down games, so it always takes a few minutes for me to get situated. That said, aside from some menu oddities, its Subnautica. If you like Subnautica, you will probably like Subnautica in VR.

I've played hundreds of hours of subnautica, I've probably played at most an hour total on my rift.

Looks neat, but my mining gaming is currently occupied by Deep Rock Galactic.

I've played hundreds of hours of subnautica, I've probably played at most an hour total on my rift.
Love the game. Good feedback on VR. I haven't jumped on the bandwagon and have a bunch of household things in line ahead of new equipment for me.

Back