Catzilla Benchmark

I can't decide if this is awesome or hilarious or both....

so the betas of the bench are out, anyone run it? I cant get it to work on my system :(

so the betas of the bench are out, anyone run it? I cant get it to work on my system :(

going to try it right now.

worked fine for me, my score sucked balls though since it can't access SLI. when the program starts the screen will go black and flicker 4 or 5 times if you are using a monitor with a resolution over 720p. then the demo will start, so don't freak out when it happens.

btw do not use the demo audio if you think you won't get 60fps, it'll lag the audio like hell. i used the 720p preset option and to be honest i have no clue what the actual benchmark looked like, my frame rate was so low that it was skipping huge sections of it to try and catch up.

heres my score

nX9TB.png

system is a phenom II x4 940 @ 3.5Ghz 3GB DDR2 800 SLI 8800GT's overclocked to 663/1728/1008 (only 1 card was used in the benchmark though)

i averaged about 6-7FPS through most of it except in the scenes where it only showed the girl i'd get 25 fps.

Last edited:
here is my i average at like 30 fps

ati 5870 and an i7 k875 @ 2.93 ghz, 8gb of ram.

catzilla.png

here is another test using the weakest setting

catzilla2.png

Last edited:
It's fun to watch just for the entertainment value.

Here's 3 runs on the system in sig below.

Kitty
Kitty.jpg

Tiger
Tiger.jpg

Catzilla
Catzilla.jpg

Last edited:
still cant get mine to work at all :( just says allbenchmark has stopped working. I have tried setting everything back to stock, tried running as admin, tried compatibility mode, tried disabling the GTX 650 Ti in my rig, nvidia drivers 310.70, windows up to date, nothing running in the background (teamviewer, fraps etc)... just cant get the damned thing to run. it all points to a ntdll.dll error in the event log.

still cant get mine to work at all :( just says allbenchmark has stopped working. I have tried setting everything back to stock, tried running as admin, tried compatibility mode, tried disabling the GTX 650 Ti in my rig, nvidia drivers 310.70, windows up to date, nothing running in the background (teamviewer, fraps etc)... just cant get the damned thing to run. it all points to a ntdll.dll error in the event log.

weird, i'm running 310.54, dunno if thats the reason its working for me or not. to bad they don't have a forum or something..

Same. Very rare that stuff doesn't work for me...this is one of the few. Let me know if you find a fix!

Edit: Doesn't appear to be a driver version issue...plenty of people running 310.70. Running in OpenGL at least shows me a loading screen (DirectX is just a black screen) but it doesn't change my resolution and still freezes/crashes.

Last edited:
Same. Very rare that stuff doesn't work for me...this is one of the few. Let me know if you find a fix!

Edit: Doesn't appear to be a driver version issue...plenty of people running 310.70. Running in OpenGL at least shows me a loading screen (DirectX is just a black screen) but it doesn't change my resolution and still freezes/crashes.

just curious when you installed did you install the directx and the other virtual C+ thing i think it was that was part of the install or did you skip those?

just curious when you installed did you install the directx and the other virtual C+ thing i think it was that was part of the install or did you skip those?

Yeah I installed all the optional things. Worked on it a little bit last night...just cant seem to get it running which is a shame because I've been looking forward to it for months now.

Yeah I installed all the optional things. Worked on it a little bit last night...just cant seem to get it running which is a shame because I've been looking forward to it for months now.

Might wanna feedback it to the devs and see what they say if you didn't already.

I submitted a support ticket to the devs so hopefully I can get it working with one of the next betas

Like the benchmark, nice change of pace and entertaining to boot. It's hardware recommendations tab is hilarious though. Tells me my result would be +2345 if I upgrade to a geforce 560, or +2150 with a 550 (I have a 660ti).

Ceiling cat prevails over basement cat.

Catzilla_zps40b09fbc.jpg

I ought to OC and see if that improves any.

I had to update my Intel HD3000 drivers (The CPU's built in GPU) before it would let me run it. (WTF is that shit? Never had anything ever even ask for those.) Oh well, it finally ran.

Tiger
hSyVz.png

Catzilla
sbAL2.jpg

Entertaining to say the least. I make sure everyone that comes over sees it at least once. :D

theres a no version out.. also they have a forum now for any of those that were having issues.. changlogs below.

CHANGELOG
ALLBenchmark 1.0 BETA16
Created on 2012-12-30,
Webpage:
Free version lets user to submit only last score
statistics improvements
the user can now choose between archived results to be seen on Leaderboards (advanced version only)
the user can now load results that were previously stored on disc (advanced version only)
Application:
information about 4 HDD drives is now sent to the server (previously only two)
disk size is now displayed in a way that venders do
fixed installer for WinXP 64bit
fixed installer for Windows Vista SP2
the user can now save results to HDD drive (advanced version only)
overclocked CPU clock should be properly sent to server

This is with AFR2 forced. AFR1 is slightly faster but there are texture stitching artifacts.
catzilla680sli.png

catzilla680slitiger.png

Last edited:
Hah that's pretty damn cool, scored a fairly mild 5778 on the 1080p (Tiger) benchmark.

The White cat reminds me of my Siamese cat, lanky as hell, tall as a sky scraper, the usual.

catzilla%28tiger%292.jpg

3570k at 4.4 GHz, GTX 670 with a lazy overclock (+123/105 core/memory, power/fan set to max)

I'd be curious to know what kind of system you need to achieve 26k+.

EDIT: 5497 on the catzilla preset.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know what kind of system you need to achieve 26k+.

Something like 4x690s. Their benchmark system only lists it as 690+1 but I don't think it can tell.

2 way SLI is only using 160%-170% power on my rig. The benchmark may be CPU limited (2600 @ 4.3), I haven't checked and have already uninstalled it.

Last edited:
Nice benchmark, much more interesting than anything 3dmark has put out in the past decade (though I'd have preferred giant dogs instead of cats)

6Cgn5.jpg

Just got it running on my system.

Tiger settings I'm getting 5844...at a 1ghz overclock on my GTX 580...

How in the hell are people with a single GTX 670 getting like 8000-9000 scores? The 670 isn't THAT much faster than the 580...right?...

I mean, mesasone above me is running his CPU at 4.4ghz to my 4.5ghz (yes I know IvyBridge is slightly faster than Sandy) with a rather low overclock compared to my enormous one...not complaining or anything...scores just don't seem to make sense is all.

CatzillaBench_zps589c1d18.jpg

I didn't install this on my SSD so the load time is off a 7200rpm drive.

Edit: Looked at the recommendations & it sad to disable virtual memory, I did that, re-ran & got 7982.

Last edited:
Back