• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

catlyst error help

ty much that worked like a charm, all but the MS's site not working with firefox, oncei found a forefox friendly DL, installed it and it works like a charm, thanks much
 
Sorry to jump in here, but I have a related problem with ATI Catalyst.

I recently reformated my system, installed WinXP SP2 and purchased a Sapphire x850xt. I installed the .NET framework v.2.2 and ATI's Catalyst driver v.5.13 for XP. Whenever I try to access the Catalyst program the only thing I get is the splash screen for it. I have to reboot my computer for it to go away.

Do I have to uninstall the .NET framework and Catalyst and reinstall with .NET v.1.1 ?

Thanks,
Chuck
 
intense99dak said:
Sorry to jump in here, but I have a related problem with ATI Catalyst.

I recently reformated my system, installed WinXP SP2 and purchased a Sapphire x850xt. I installed the .NET framework v.2.2 and ATI's Catalyst driver v.5.13 for XP. Whenever I try to access the Catalyst program the only thing I get is the splash screen for it. I have to reboot my computer for it to go away.

Do I have to uninstall the .NET framework and Catalyst and reinstall with .NET v.1.1 ?

Thanks,
Chuck


I would try uninstalling catalyst, useing driver cleaner to take out remnants (follow the faq instructions carefully) then reinstall catalyst. If that doesn't work, maybe there's a problem with the .NET installation
 
Well, I just spent the last half hour undoing and redoing and I got it working. I downloaded .NET framework 1.1 as well as Sapphire's Catalyst 5.5 drivers and uninstalled the 2.2 Net and 5.13 Catalyst.

When I fired my computer back up and saw the crappy 640x480 desktop I almost crapped, but a quick right click fixed that temporarily. I installed the 1.1 framework and 5.5 Catalyst and everything is working as it should.

I probably won't be using the Catalyst much, but there's just something about software not working properly after a reformat / new installation.

Thanks yevaud.

Chuck
 
Back
Top