Catleap monitor.. What to go with..

Hokies83

Limp Gawd
As we know you need duel Dvi to run a catleap..

The 7950/7970 are kicking butt at high res gaming 2560x1440/1600

But how are these working with the cat leaps?

As we know you need duel Dvi to run a catleap..

The 7950/7970 are kicking butt at high res gaming 2560x1440/1600

But how are these working with the cat leaps?

7950/7970 or 670/680 and your set.

catleaps are great. I love mine :D

but dont cat leaps need duel dvi ports?

the 7950 / 7970 only have 1,

No, they need dual link dvi ports (dvi-d).

Almost all modern cards have at least one of them.

Don't sweat it. I had to figure out what dual link dvi was too.

No, they need dual link dvi ports (dvi-d).

Almost all modern cards have at least one of them.

Don't sweat it. I had to figure out what dual link dvi was too.

Hmm i thought that ment the back of the card needed 2 dvi ports..

But from what your saying 1 duel dvi port is enough?

Dual-Link DVI != 2 DVI ports.

Ummm no

Hmm i thought that ment the back of the card needed 2 dvi ports..

But from what your saying 1 duel dvi port is enough?

Yes. dvi ports/cables come in two standards, dual link and single link. Single link can not carry 2560x1440@60 not enough bandwidth.

GTX670-DC2T-2GD5%20Panel-500x500.jpg

The one that says dvi-d is the dual link port.

Like others mentioned, I think you're confusing DVI Dual with needing two cables. DVI Dual is just a single cable, but different than DVI Single.

I ran my Catleap with a 560 Ti, 560 Ti 448, 560 Ti SLI, and 670 2gb.

I now have a U2711, and I can say I like the Catleap better...I believe I see a difference in color representation between this U2711 and the Catleap, but the AG coating ruins it and for the price...Cateleap wins.

Although, the build quality, ports, stand, all around presentation of this U2711 is spectacular.

I don't think you can really judge a monitor based on pictures of it taken from an iPhone while being viewed on your own completely different monitor--just my thoughts.

Whenever I see some ad saying "look how amazing the colors are on this new display!" I think to myself "wow my monitor/tv sure has nice colors!"

to OP what made you pick the Catleap ? im looking at the Crossover

What happens if you buy a second monitor or get a CRT or an older monitor with a 7950?

The answer is you probably wont be able to do anything besides buying an expensive adapter.

If I were you I would stick with nVidia if they have 2 dual link DVI out.
I have a crossover and a CRT and I cant use the expensive 7950 I bought with these.

Ummm no

Yes. dvi ports/cables come in two standards, dual link and single link. Single link can not carry 2560x1440@60 not enough bandwidth.

http://www.compulink.co.nz/image/cache/GTX670-DC2T-2GD5%20Panel-500x500.jpg

The one that says dvi-d is the dual link port.

Not necessarily true re: the ports. DVI-I carries both an Analog and Digital signal, so you can convert to VGA. DVI-D is Digital only. Either one can be Dual Link. I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm about 95% certain my Catleap is plugged into a DVI-I port on my 6950.

a DVI single link 60-Hz LCD can display a resolution of 1920 x 1200, while a DVI dual link can display a resolution of 2560 x 1600.

From post above

I don't think you can really judge a monitor based on pictures of it taken from an iPhone while being viewed on your own completely different monitor--just my thoughts.

Shh, this is one of my favorite things to see people do on the internet. Don't bring logic into this and ruin it :p

Back