• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cathode lights hitting the HDD

iYoYo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2011
Messages
260
will this have any affect on my HDD? I dont have any type of tape to use right now so what I did was I just put the cathode lights next to the HDD to make it stand a bit straighter.
 
OMG! The photonic interference will... Nah, I can't even complete the joke. As long as you have made sure there is no electrical contact (bare wire) you'll be fine. If there is any doubt, get a little insulation between them (shrinkwrap / electrical tape).
 
As said, no. They might go blind after a while from the light, but it is unlikely there will be any noticeable harm from the cathode light touching the HDD casing.
 
Back
Top