• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Catalyst Presets

Oldie

Mean Old Administrator
2FA
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
21,938
I've been hoping they would be fixed, but ever since the 11.x drivers appeared, presets have NEVER worked for me. I love having eyefinity, but having to manually setup the display group every single is pretty freaking annoying. I've googled the issue to no end, but every post I can find says that no one has a solution. Does anyone here know of a good work around?
 
Well at least now they do something, but now I'm back to a problem I had awhile ago. I create the eyefinity group and everything is the way it should be, then create the preset. When I switch into it though, I just get 3 cloned displays. I'm not one of those "AMD's drivers suck", but FFS why offer present functionality when they clearly don't care about implementing it correctly.
 
I have the 11.12 drivers and this exact same thing happens for me.

Did you have any luck sorting it out?
 
The cloned mode happened to me the first couple times I set it up. I always just do things a bit different until the presets work. It is incredibly annoying, but at least I only have to go through it once (I recall having the same problem with my 5970.)
 
I never used them. Always tweaked each game. Presets may not work as well on every system as the base system that the preset was created.
 
I never used them. Always tweaked each game. Presets may not work as well on every system as the base system that the preset was created.

You have absolutely no idea what we're talking about.
 
You have absolutely no idea what we're talking about.

My last ATI card was a HD5850. I could have sworn there was some preset profiles for games. Been running a GTX470 for awhile. Must have gotten confused. Thanks for setting me straight.
 
Back
Top