Catalyst Help!

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I have a cisco Catalyst 2950 series switch, Since it is the summer, I need to cut down on my electrical bill, So I want to switch from my 4000 series, to the 2950.

Does anyone know what the best settings are to get the most out of this older switch?

Plug everything in and go.

Seriously, though: what do you want it to do? General switching? Leave it alone. If you want VLANS, port security, etc., it gets more complicated (but still not bad).

Basically plug in and go, I just wonder if there is any sort of optimizing that can be done generally.

Basically plug in and go, I just wonder if there is any sort of optimizing that can be done generally.

Vito would know more than I, but I would think that for general switching it should be good out of the box. A 10/100 switch doesn't have much configuration as far as speeds are concerned. It's all auto-duplex and all that jazz, so you should be good.

Optimization for what? Like Ur_Mom said, it's just a 10/100 switch. You're not going to make it go faster or anything.

Are you talking VLANs, or specific features, or what? I mean it's just a switch.

It was an enterprise class, so I would like to completely wipe it, set it all to one vlan, and I think these have a gui interface for management, I wanna be able to access that

Back