• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

catalyst color issue

cj3waker

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
2,499
This is a new problem and Its happening with 10.5-10.9
When I install catalyst drivers it changes the entire color scheme of my system, Everything gets waaaay dimmer and colors take on a different hue. my reds become more pink for instance.

is there a way to fix this, messing with the colors in control panel doesnt really help me much
 
Its hard to show but heres a pic and video of how dim it is
http://vimeo.com/15976910
and heres a pic, with flash on
r9n6ro.jpg
 
Go to the color control section and put hit the back button. The 10.10 beta drivers did the same thing for me. If I tried to change any of the settings, I would end up with a re/pink hue.
 
I always turn on use EDID (as in the picture shown by SicKlown42012). Othewise its too red.

I'm using 5870 with a NEC 2690WUXi, calibrated with Spectraview 2.
 
I was trying that
CCC -- Desktop properties -- colors tab and default did nothing
i got it to work by going
CCC -- Desktop and Displays -- configure -- Colors tab -- and then default did it, strange
 
There are two colors settings, and they both control different things. AMD really should clarify that.

Glad I could help.
 
Back
Top