• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Catalyst 9.8 weird issue

Tamlin_WSGF

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
3,167
I've had a now a wonderful stable time with 4870x2 and catalyst. No crashes and bugs were minor and far between (like water bug on COD5).

9.8, though stable otherwise, have a tendency to crash steam games (all I tested with so far). If I change resolution or similar, it will crash. Only remedy is to make a change in GPU scaling. Doesn't matter if its activated or not and it doesn't matter which settings.

Then the games are stable until next restart of OS. Weird!

Edit: Tried with the hotfix as well. Same issue.

I can reproduce it 100% and not only steam games are affected.

With Streetfighter 4 benchmark, I can do the following:

I enter the game, change resolution from 1920x1200 to 1680x1050. Game crashes with a "fail to render" error message.

Then I open Catalyst, change scaling options (even though scaling is not activated), run the game again and everything works. I can change resolution as I wish. This works until I restart windows.

After restart, I need to follow same procedure again.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top