• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Catalyst 8.3 didn't work for me

LateraLex

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2008
Messages
391
Running a single 3870 X2 on Vista 64 - and it was working fine on Catalyst 8.2. But I figured, hey why not upgrade. So I'm no pro here, but what I did was: uninstall the drivers, then reboot and install the new 8.3 CCC. It appeared to work, when running COD4 my fps on high settings at 1920x1200 were down in the red zone, hovering around 50-60 fps. They normally have been up around 125, and will go down as far as 70-80fps. Very hard to play...

So I said screw this, uninstall time. I tried removing the drivers, ran a driver cleaner tool in safe mode a few times, and reinstalled a tuned version of 8.2. Well that didn't work any better. FPS still in the same range.

Finally I did a restore point from before I had messed with anything, and things are back to normal. Any idea what I did wrong? It's possible the 8.3 drivers are a little messed, but I totall FAILed at bringing the system back down to 8.2...
 
The [H] crew said there is a bug in the 8.3 driver in CoD4 when you use Normal Water quality. i can confirm this. If you put water quality to low, the frames are just fine. Just a bug. I'm sure they will fix it soon.
 
The [H] crew said there is a bug in the 8.3 driver in CoD4 when you use Normal Water quality. i can confirm this. If you put water quality to low, the frames are just fine. Just a bug. I'm sure they will fix it soon.

Oh man that's good news. Where were you yesterday! :D I think I'll wait a while before going back to 8.3... my rig runs nicely now.
 
Back
Top