Catalyst 7.9+ Doesn't Enable DirectX In Vista

Paralysis

Limp Gawd
I'm having a problem where I can install up to 7.8 Radeon drivers, but anything past will not enable my DirectX, so I have no Aero or anything. I can't load any games as well. My DirectX is up-to-date, and I uninstall everything ATi before updating so I can't figure out what the problem is. I've tried installing just the drivers AND the CCC pack. I tried the new 7.12 but get the same result. Is there a program other than DriverCleaner which works as effectively, because I get the feeling I'm not completely cleaning the old drivers out. Any other suggestions?

Tried that just now, but got the same result. I'm noticing in the install when I view the log after the driver finishes. It gives a blank statement instead of a pass/fail next to Driver Status. To further clarify, when I run any DirectX application which initializes the 3D, I get a 'No 3D Hardware has been installed' error.

When I change drivers, I use Add/Remove in Control Panel. Then reboot into Safe Mode, delete the Nvidia folder for the old drivers and install the new version while still in Safe Mode.

Might be worth a try if you haven't tried it that way.

Back