Catalyst 500 Express problem

65Kfosta

Weaksauce
So we have a Catalyst 500 Express for our phones and computers and printers but this switch is driving me crazy. I have set all the smart ports to switches to try to make it work correctly but it seems that plugging in to many devices in one office the switch will lock out the port saying that its unauthorized.

Is there anyway to make this switch unmanageable i just want to be able to plug in and move things around without always having to change smart port settings

No we dont its a church they had this installed before my time. I absolutely hate this thing probably the worst switch ever

The easiest way to manage it is by downloading the Cisco Network Assistant tool. Otherwise, simple things like trunks can't even be configured.

Any suggestions for a good replacement switch ? Was thinking a cisco 3524 or 3550

or maybe a dell wj684?

Suggetions thanks?

unfortunately, setting all those ports to switch is a bad idea. try setting them all to desktop and you should be fine. there is also a way, using network assistant, to turn off the smartports and just set them all to vlan1 or whatever.

Back