CATALYST 5.1 out

After careful examination of the above link, I've concluded that I can't read it. :D Since there doesn't seem to be any performance increase, I'll stick with the Cat 4.12's. Hey CatalystMaker, private message me and tell me all about the upcoming R520 ;) I won't tell a soul, and I'd be happy to test it out for ya.
 
CATALYST MAKER said:
Today we posted an update to both Windows and LINUX drivers...

Does this mean the Linux drivers don't suck anymore? As an avid Linux user, I might be tempted to make my next buy an ATI video card if the drivers have improved enough.
 
linux makes up like 2% of ati's business .. so they probably allocate 2% of driver developer resources to it .. guess i wont need to say more ;)
 
Thanks CM, btw, I love the option to turn the 3D Preview off now, a very good option to have, thanks for implementing it :)
 
Id like to know how well they do in Doom 3 and Hl2, CSS specifically. Any real world benchies from [H] Goers?
 
minc3d said:
Id like to know how well they do in Doom 3 and Hl2, CSS specifically. Any real world benchies from [H] Goers?

I had nothing but lockout problems on halflife 2 , before on my 4.1 driver it ran flawlessly at 590/600 on my ati x800 PE but now it just locks out after 1 min.

I reverted back to the older drivers and will wait when the next ones are released.

I am running at 4.4 gighertz so i doubt i would see much difference.
I couldnt tell

lost 600 points in aquamark 3d too
 
I hope some peeps at ATI get word of this quick and release a fix if its as bad as it sounds.
 
Back
Top