• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Catalyst 4.8 will not install over SP2

ZenOps

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 11, 2000
Messages
2,914
Just thought someone might save some time by mentioning:

I've tried doing a fresh install of XP and updated straight to Service Pack 2, only to find that the Catalyst 4.8's absolutely need SP1 to install. It wont install on a fresh XP nor SP2.
 
Well that's not what i've experienced cause I have SP2 and I installed the 4.8s just fine. I think sp2 came with new basic radeon drivers so it might by worth it to try running driver cleaner in safe mode to clean them out before installing the 4.8s.
 
Worked fine on my secondary rig - I have SP2 and moved from the beta 4.9s to the WHQL'd 4.8s.... used driver cleaner to remove all ATI driver remnants beforehand - maybe give that a shot?
 
Very strange, tried a different system and it worked there. Maybe just some bad hardware or a Fat virus or something... Ignore what I said above.
 
ZenOps said:
Very strange, tried a different system and it worked there. Maybe just some bad hardware or a Fat virus or something... Ignore what I said above.

Heh, interesting.....what do you mean by "it wouldn't install".....I'm curious now just because that is really interesting, no matter how much of a fluke it might have been. :p
 
Shane said:
sure it will...installed on my system no problem.

As he said, he's got it working fine on another system, you COULD just read the thread before ya post....and you would have seen that. ;)

No hard feelings, but yeah, I still AM curious to know just what happened when It "didn't work" that one time. :p
 
Back
Top