• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Catalyst 4.8 (Beta) Available (Not offical release)

anything for mobility 9600? because current drivers are shit. Doom3 crashes every 5-10 mins
 
hrmmm.. if i stil had my 9800 id try these out..

the 4.7 really helped my 9800 pro.. i wonder how the 8's would have helped it..
 
There has already been some discussion on this topic - last week in this very forum. Please at least search past posts to avoid duplicating topics.
 
I'd wager to say that if you laptop is crashing, you are either running out of main memory, or its running too hot.

A lot of people seem to be complaining about stuttering (harddrive thrashing) with 512MB or less main memory on desktops, especially with 64MB videocards. It just plain starts to run out of room. Close all your taskbar apps and TSR's before you run Doom3 (including things like Activesync, or a laptop synchronization program to the PC, which tends to interrupt things)

Personally I'd say Doom3 needs 1GB, heck UT2004 and Farcry need 1GB (almost time to start thinking about 2)
 
Heh, I wonder if we will see the 4.8's tomorrow (Official Doom3 launch day) A few percent speed boost would be nice.
 
3rd test.. 4.7 Omega vs 4.8 Beta ( all test are back to 2.2ghz, 200x11 1.575v Vcore)
4.7 Omega
32 agp 800x600 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 40.1/44.0/44.3
255 agp 800x600 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 37.6/43.4/43.5

32 agp 1024x768 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 28.1/30.1/30.3
255 agp 1024x768 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 27.2/30.0/30.2

4.8 Beta
32 agp 800x600 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 47.4/54.2/54.1
255 agp 800x600 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 49.7/54.3/54.1

32 agp 1024x768 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 36.1/39.8/39.9
128 agp 1024x768 No AA/AF High Detail Triple Buff On = 37.3/39.8/39.9

WOW... I had a 10.2 fps drop at 800x600 & 9.6 fps drop at 1024x768. I did not notice dif in image quality, but did not take screenshots to compare. But nietherless, I will not be using the 4.7 Cats w/ D3. I have always used omega drivers over original catalyst, so I will not be tesing those. I also found that lower agp latency seems to scores higher on 1st benchmark w/4.7. Opposite of the 4.8 Beta.

O_O.
 
Logit, Have you tried DHmodtool on the 4.8 betas? I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with a mobility 9700 and plan on moding the 4.8 betas. The DHmodtool has worked for me on every other version of ATI drivers.

Goodluck!
 
jhtevans, id like to know the problem there is with duplicating topics... all it does it let a wider audience know what is going on. You dont think duplicating topics is good? it happens every day, im not sure really what you're talking about.
 
Back
Top