• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Catalyst 12.1 Preview + user Crossfire Profiles

magoo

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
14,700
Can somebody here please walk me through the process of creating a user defined Crossfire Profile in the new CCC of the 12.1

I am unsure how to go about it and AMD has chosen not to create a tutiorial on the subject.

Thanks.
 
Open up the 3D Applications Settings page and tweak what you want in the options. Then, click Save. Select the exe you wish to use the profile on and BAM! Profit?

Unless, you mean a more in-depth walk through of all the options, that's how you go about making one.

I've yet to actually look into the different CFX modes (AFR Friendly, Optimize 1x1).
 
Thanks.

I was doing it backward and couldn't get the damn thing to take me to selecting a .exe folder.....:p

I was going to mess around a little with the Crossfire options and see what would happen..........I'll let you know.
 
Open up the 3D Applications Settings page and tweak what you want in the options. Then, click Save. Select the exe you wish to use the profile on and BAM! Profit?

Unless, you mean a more in-depth walk through of all the options, that's how you go about making one.


Is this how to set AA and AF for a certain game/rprogram? I tried doing this on a friends HD 6950 2GB Sapphire, and the AA didn't seem to work in Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2. A lot of jaggies in the distance at 8EA (or whatever they call it), far more than regular 8x in my old GTX 260 which essentially removes all jaggies and shimmering issues.

I ask because I will likely be buying an HD 6950 2GB.
 
Is this how to set AA and AF for a certain game/rprogram? I tried doing this on a friends HD 6950 2GB Sapphire, and the AA didn't seem to work in Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2. A lot of jaggies in the distance at 8EA (or whatever they call it), far more than regular 8x in my old GTX 260 which essentially removes all jaggies and shimmering issues.

I ask because I will likely be buying an HD 6950 2GB.


CCC>Gaming>3D Application Profiles>

Under AA, you can check use application setting, enhanse or override.
I suggest enhanse.
I suggest edge detect under filter, then use the slider to adjust the amount.


Go through the rest, check apply then save then the application .exe file
 
CCC>Gaming>3D Application Profiles>

Under AA, you can check use application setting, enhanse or override.
I suggest enhanse.
I suggest edge detect under filter, then use the slider to adjust the amount.


Go through the rest, check apply then save then the application .exe file

Tried that with no luck, though we did use Over ride. And is there anyway to get 16x AA? Or is that what Edge Detect does (one of the drop down menus made it appear as 24x, don't recall if it was Edge Detect)? Would you happen to know if Edge Detect kills frame rates more than traditional 8x and 16x AA?
 
Tried that with no luck, though we did use Over ride. And is there anyway to get 16x AA? Or is that what Edge Detect does (one of the drop down menus made it appear as 24x, don't recall if it was Edge Detect)? Would you happen to know if Edge Detect kills frame rates more than traditional 8x and 16x AA?

Read this. I dont think it is as rough on frame rates as traditional AA.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2008/07/20/amds_ati_radeon_hd_4800_series_custom_filtering_aa/
 
Seems like the issue is only limited to AF. AA looks fine. So far the issue only persists in LO FC2, though we have not tested many games.
 
Back
Top