Catalyst 10.8 Released

yeah?

not even a link or a tidbit of info as to what the new drivers are supposed to accomplish?

yeah?

not even a link or a tidbit of info as to what the new drivers are supposed to accomplish?

You kidding me? This is on the page of the first link provided.

Code:
  Software Description

Download ATI Catalyst 10.8 Win 7 | Vista (64-bit) drivers

The Catalyst™ Software Suite 10.8 contains the following:

* ATI Radeon™ display driver 8.762
    * HydraVision™ for both Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
    * Southbridge/IXP Driver
    * ATI Catalyst™ Control Center Version 8.762

New Features:

OpenGL ES 2.0 support - ATI Catalyst™ 10.8 delivers full support for OpenGL ES 2.0 specification

* Enables 3D accelerated graphics within a web browser that supports OpenGL ES 2.0
    * Supported on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7

Video Quality default options

* The Default video options for ATI Catalyst™ have been greatly enhanced to deliver
      the best quality video viewing experience. Users can also choose to apply these
      settings to Internet Video via a new checkbox control within the ATI Catalyst™
      Control Center
    * In the “Advanced Color” section, the following defaults are now enabled:
    * Color vibrance (default = 40)
    * Flesh tone correction (default = 50)
    * Brighter Whites
    * In the “Advanced Quality” section, the following defaults are now enabled:
    * Edge-enhancement (default = 25)
    * De-noise (default = 64)
    * Mosquito Noise Reduction (default = 50)
    * De-blocking (default = 50)

Performance enhancement for Eyefinity Quad ATI CrossFireX™
configurations

* Performance has been greatly improved for users running with ATI Eyefinity on a Quad ATI CrossFireX™ configuration
    * Anti-Aliasing support for StarCraft II
    * ATI Catalyst™ Control Center enabled Anti-Aliasing is now available for StarCraft
      II

Catalyst™ Application Profiles - The following application profiles are available with this release of Catalyst™ 10.8

* Singularity – CrossFire™ profile update
    * Mafia 2 – CrossFire™ profile update
    * Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark – new CrossFire™ profile
    * Lord of the Rings Online – new CrossFire™ profile
    * Aliens Vs. Predator – CrossFire™ profile update

Performance Improvements - The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™ 10.8:

* Far Cry 2
    * Performance increases 2-6% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series single and
      CrossFire™ configurations
    * Performance increases 2-4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series single and
    * Performance increases 3-8% on ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series single and
    * Left 4 Dead 2
    * Performance increases 3-5% on CrossFire™ ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series and
      CrossFire™ ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series configurations
    * Stormrise
    * Performance increases 5-10% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 series and ATI
      Radeon™ HD 5500 series configurations

Can someone try BC2 in CF and see if it's been fixed? The release notes suggest that this driver is another POS... I'm ready to buy another 5850 (been for a month..) but not with the state that the drivers are in

Can someone try BC2 in CF and see if it's been fixed? The release notes suggest that this driver is another POS... I'm ready to buy another 5850 (been for a month..) but not with the state that the drivers are in

What issues are you concerned about? I've been running dual 5850's CF and EF in BC2 for the last 3 months. No problems that I'm aware of. Win7x64 btw.

What issues are you concerned about? I've been running dual 5850's CF and EF in BC2 for the last 3 months. No problems that I'm aware of. Win7x64 btw.

The performance in 10.6 and 10.7 is WAAAY less than it was in 10.5. One of my friends with 5870s saw a 40% decrease in FPS, and there are similar reports all over the interwebs.

It's also one of the issues causing people (incl myself) to be annoyed at the 5850/5870CFX vs 460SLI comparisons on [H]. The CFX rigs are getting way less FPS than they should, especially when compared to some older reviews using 10.5 and earlier. I know Brent said they were different maps and rigs, but that shouldnt account for the FPS halving.

I found it odd that they increased crossfire performance on games like LFD2. Why focus on a game that my single 5850 can chew up @ 5040x1050? I suppose it makes sense with 5770s though...I guess.

Back