• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Catalyst 10.6+ Eyefinity not working? 5970

Galactica

n00b
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
8
Hi guys.

You guys are my last hope so yes please help if you can :)

Well I have been not fully happy with my Radeon 5970 card when i switched from GTX260, Well Performance is awesome on some games but the drivers, the drivers. They are a mess and never did I have so many Issues with drivers from a Video vendor. Only spiking is Creative but that is another topic.

I have been using 10.5 cats because they are the only one that work with my Eyefinity. If I upgrade to 10.6 or later the Display monitor will not get detected after each reboot and also my HDMI monitors will have no native resolution, To fix all this i have to manually replug my DP monitor and WOW the monitor gets detected and all my screens get the right resolution until reboot. Then it is all over again.

Not to speak of the later Cats 10.7 and 10.8 were the Underscan defaults to 10 after each reboot.

Also to the GUI team of Catalyst if you are here. Make a back button in CCC so you dont have to scroll in the menu when you are in the display section. Just to get back. And also make it 600x800 res able. When it does not detect my DP monitor when i reboot my computer i cannot change any option in CCC because it does not FIT.

Just to clarify My Eyefintiy setup works without any problems in 10.5cats (only some flickering sometimes)

Rig:
XFX Radeon 5970 Black Edition Cat 10.5
Windows 7 x64bit

3xBenq2200LED connected as follows,
2xDVI - > HDMI
1xMiniDVI to VGA (Apple passive dongle)

But again all these problems above only exist in 10.6 or later. Reason i want have later release is because I want some nice performance in both Starcraft 2 and BFBC2

Best Regards
Commander
 
1xMiniDVI to VGA (Apple passive dongle)

I think that's the main culprit right there. Get yourself a proper displayport to DVI single link active adapter. I think they retail around $35 these days, so that's a lot easier to swallow than the $100 dongles.
 
These monitors only have VGA or HDMI. Also if you read the whole post you notice that I do not have any issues with cat 10.5 so this must be driver related.
 
Sigh, got my AMD support reply back and was exact as you told me that it is the dongle. But I do not agree. How come this worked in Cat 10.1 Cat 10.2 Cat 10.3 Cat 10.4 and the last 10.5 But is now not working in Cat 10.6 Cat 10.7 and Cat 10.8 d

Also as a sidenote, because i hate that my middle has a different screencolour because of the VGA I thought of this one = http://www.cableclub.com/mini-displayport-hdmi-adapter-blackhalogenfree-approve-p-3053.html I am not sure what the shipping will be but this will be my last try if so.

Also they say that they support up to 1920 res but if you run bezel the extra pizels are not included or am I dumb?
Because my monitors run 1920x1080p
 
Last edited:
I have a similar issue. EA321Wmi (or something like that) new displays, all identical, all with display port and DVI inputs.

Since 10.8 I can't make a display group. It's always taken about 3 tries of a profile to actually get Eyefinity working, if I switch between single and Eyefinity setups but since the latest drivers I can't even get it to set up once. The resolutions are all messed up, or the display port screen is blank.

Hugely disappointed with the drivers from ATI over the last 6 months. They beat nvidia to market but 9 months later their drivers still suck for eyefinity, especially with Crossfire. Next upgrade might go to nvidia if ATI don't sort things out. The BC2/SC2 mess in particular has been a joke.
 
Wow, I'm sorry you guys are having so much pain.

I have had a very smooth experience with EF.
I use the mini adapters that came with my E6 models.....2 x DVI and 1 x DP.

My only gripe with ATI is the shit scaling I'm seeing in CF.....I think I should be able to kick any game's ass with my computer, but it's just not so due to poor CF support.
 
I had smooth Eyefinity also until I installed the shitty drivers 10.8 Then i had to go back to 10.5 that only works for me no issues at all. Do not understand why they make so shitty drivers come on. They want their costumers right?
 
I recall reading that someone needed to use a dvi-->d-sub, dvi-->hdmi, and mini display port-->dvi to get eyefinity to work under some conditions. I don't have an eyefinity setup but I have done some reading in that regard for a future upgrade I am planning.

i could be wrong.....:confused:

try it?
 
I have spoken to AMD and the support-guy cannot get this deeper to the Catalyst crew because the dongle is not supported or certified by AMD. SO i have now ordered ACTIVE DP to DVI single link by Powercolor that is certified by AMD and also promoted. (about 50$ + 10$ for the shipping.

If this wont work I will bring down the shitstorm on the support and demanding a refund or something to calm me down while ill scream inside of me and crying.
Bought 3 monitors, 3 damn cables and now a active single link dongle because drivers break the old one. Will and should get the active powercolor dongle in few days. Should be Monday. Will report my findings.

I am off to my little baby Celica Twincam 87 that is freshly painted and getting a new car audio installed into it to get my ehm rage out of me.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top