Catalyst 10.6 Drivers Are Out

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
AMD has just released new ATI Catalyst 10.6 drivers for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors. There currently seems to be an error when selecting the Windows 7 32-bit drivers but all the others seems to be working fine. Grab em' if you need them!
 
thats good, and if 10.7 comes out in 3 more weeks. ati will be awesome.
 
It says in the release notes that BFBC2 map loading times are fixed for all operating systems, but doesn't mention if that fix is for all cards.

The 10.5 drivers only fixed the issue for the 5 series. I've had to stay with the 10.4 hotfix drivers to keep the loading times quick for my 4850.
 
Idle clocks still broken, I don't understand, they were fine in 10.4. Everything else is great though, so I suppose I shouldn't moan.
 
I'm grinning ear to ear... My high bit-rate audio issues (Powerplay related?) are resolved! So far, so good! Can't wait to test these more when I get home from work later.


Idle clocks still broken, I don't understand, they were fine in 10.4. Everything else is great though, so I suppose I shouldn't moan.

Did you try hitting "Default" in Overdrive settings? I remember last release, some people said that helped purge the previous driver settings.
 
Did you try hitting "Default" in Overdrive settings? I remember last release, some people said that helped purge the previous driver settings.

Yeah sorry, default clocks do allow ULPS, but even a 1mhz OC mean it sits at 400c1000m idle so I use profiles in AB to work-around. I suppose you could say it's my fault for overclocking but you'd have to be mad not to clock a 5850 and it did used to be dandy pre 10.5.
 
So I need 10.6 to take full advantage of Adobe Flash 10.1? I just did a fresh install with 10.5 I was hoping I didn't have to update my drivers for a while. At least they still support the 3000 series with this feature.
 
Is CCC responding VERY slowly for anybody else whenever you hit apply after changing a setting? It takes at least 10 seconds after I hit apply before I can do anything else in it.

And yes, I did reboot after I installed them.
 
Gah! what's up with these drivers?

10.5 - installs, screen goes to win7 basic, after install error "No compatible graphics card found" Or something similar. All I have is an asus 4850. So I restart and it loads what I assumed were the correct drivers but turns out to be just the win7 drivers as no games work.

Now 10.6 - Same frigging thing.

So I'm stuck back on the 10.3 set.
 
Gah! what's up with these drivers?

10.5 - installs, screen goes to win7 basic, after install error "No compatible graphics card found" Or something similar. All I have is an asus 4850. So I restart and it loads what I assumed were the correct drivers but turns out to be just the win7 drivers as no games work.

Now 10.6 - Same frigging thing.

So I'm stuck back on the 10.3 set.

sounds like a problem on your end and not the drivers if its failed on that many versions..
 
Figured i'd break my years of silent lurking to confirm MV75's issue is legit.

My framerate has completely tanked in Bad Company 2 on my Crossfire 5870 Eyefinity 6's.
 
Gah! what's up with these drivers?

10.5 - installs, screen goes to win7 basic, after install error "No compatible graphics card found" Or something similar. All I have is an asus 4850. So I restart and it loads what I assumed were the correct drivers but turns out to be just the win7 drivers as no games work.

Now 10.6 - Same frigging thing.

So I'm stuck back on the 10.3 set.

Same problem with my 4850
 
Figured i'd break my years of silent lurking to confirm MV75's issue is legit.

My framerate has completely tanked in Bad Company 2 on my Crossfire 5870 Eyefinity 6's.

That's all I needed to hear. Sticking with 10.4
 
There is at least one AWESOME thing that this driver fixed.

I can now run multiple monitors on my 4850 WITH Overdrive enabled.

Every single driver previous to this since I have had my 4850 would cause a GSOD when I tried this.. even when i left the clocks at default settings.
 
They did not fix the v-sync issue, back to 10.3 for me. This flipping sucks!
 
As you guys are flipping back and forth from driver version, to driver version; are you only using the provided ATI uninstall function? I've read there are other "cleansing tools" people use as well.
 
From what I understand.... with Windows 7, you can just install on top without any uninstalling.
 
Jeez, I just got 10.5 last week. Now I'll have to upgrade my video driver again. :cool:
 
Back
Top