CAT6 connectors - Where to buy inserts

TheGeekFreek

Supreme [H]ardness
So I bought a 100pk of Cat6 connectors from Monoprice, I guess I should have read a little closer as it says these connectors do not *need* the inserts, however the instructions show the install with them..

I remember back in my CISCO classes making Cat5 just lining up all 8 cables side by side, however these connectors internally have channels in a zig-zag pattern and its a huge PITA to get them lined up right..

MP does not sell just the inserts, anyone know where you can order just the inserts for cat 6?

Alternately.. If anyone has dealt with these connectors.. Any tips/tricks to get them lined up right.. Ive tried separating them into top channels and bottom channels but they still dont quite push in right.

Talking about the jack inserts that snap into the faceplate, right? Got mine from Altex, wires lined up side by side, no zig zag design.

Side by side? Sounds wrong (wall ports sometimes have them 'lined up' but port 1/2 and 3/6 should be orange/green)

568a.jpg

So I bought a 100pk of Cat6 connectors from Monoprice, I guess I should have read a little closer as it says these connectors do not *need* the inserts, however the instructions show the install with them..

I remember back in my CISCO classes making Cat5 just lining up all 8 cables side by side, however these connectors internally have channels in a zig-zag pattern and its a huge PITA to get them lined up right..

MP does not sell just the inserts, anyone know where you can order just the inserts for cat 6?

Alternately.. If anyone has dealt with these connectors.. Any tips/tricks to get them lined up right.. Ive tried separating them into top channels and bottom channels but they still dont quite push in right.

I bought those cat 6 ones that came with the inserts from monoprice. once you get all the wires in the insert, stick some extra out the end of the insert and cut the extra off so they are all even. Then you got to stick it in the connector, I have to use a paper clip some times to push the insert all the way to the front of the connector. Then use the tool to finish it off.

If they need the inserts you wont be able to use them without the insert because nothing stops the wires from going everywhere when you crimp them. I wasn't able to find any place that sells the inserts.

Your talking about these right?

Last edited:
Back