Cat5e/Cat6 cable deals

Kenworth

2[H]4U
Alright, the Windows 7 launch party is coming up and I was selected as a host. We all know what that means, lan party. I have lots of patch cables laying around the house but you can never have enough. I thought Meritline was the defacto cheap as hell place to go but there prices don't seem so sweet anymore. Am I missing the go to place, has it shifted?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh wow, how could I forget about monoprice? I guess the key on that one is to wait and snag a free shipping code and really make it a deal. Thanks for the feedback antok and keenan.

Where do you find monoprice coupons? I order from them fairly regularly and have never seen a coupon for free shipping or anything else. What am I doing wrong?

I usually just put up a "Deal Alert" on sd and it that gives me a heads up most of the time even though it seems lately the free shipping has been getting thinner. That is why I wait and order a bunch of patch cables at one time. It has just been so long that my supply is drying up.

Do people take your cables after a LAN?

Sometimes that and sometimes a client needs a 1 footer or a 3 footer and I charge them a little extra for it. But I buy like 30 lengths at a time and they last a year or so. My good friends bring their own cable to a lan :)

NECRO BUMP

Just searched this forum for cat5e and this thread popped up... didn't want to pay $24 shipping for 20 cables from newegg so I just ordered from monoprice and I got more cables for less money!

monoprice FTW

(also selected hardforum as my referring party during checkout)

I think monoprice is now the widely known TECHIE site for cheapest cables now, I even saw them mentioned in PC Magazine when I was on the crapper......either HDMI or cat5 and you are surely to always (99.9%) to find it cheapest and in the most colors at monoprice

I think monoprice is now the widely known TECHIE site for cheapest cables now, I even saw them mentioned in PC Magazine when I was on the crapper......either HDMI or cat5 and you are surely to always (99.9%) to find it cheapest and in the most colors at monoprice
They've also been an official AVS forum sponsor for at least a few years now.

Too bad the [H]ard forums isn't affiliated with them, we would boost Monoprice, as we usually do, and both of them would profit.

Back