Cat5e 48 port patch panel in 1U form?

Panduit is my favorite patch panel brand, Greuber makes some nice ones too.

I like Panduits "NetKey" line of products, recently did a job with a few of their 1U hd units,
PAN-NKPP48HD is the model.

48 port on 1u is pretty dense for cable management. Any particular reason you need 48 ports on a single rack unit?

I also second panduit for it's ease in modular systems.

i am trying to utilize this wiring scheme for my rack:

48 port patch panel (2U)
Wiring manager (2U)
Switch (1U)
Switch (1U)
Wiring manager (2U)
48 port patch panel (2U)

i want to try to use NeatPatch wiring managers. so the set up above takes up 10U's total. My cabinet is 45U's in height. So that would give me 384 usable ports out of 480 that i need for my 10 cabinets, 48 ports each for a total of 480 ports. my boss doesnt want me to waste another cabinet for wiring.

i am trying to utilize this wiring scheme for my rack:

48 port patch panel (2U)
Wiring manager (2U)
Switch (1U)
Switch (1U)
Wiring manager (2U)
48 port patch panel (2U)

i want to try to use NeatPatch wiring managers. so the set up above takes up 10U's total. My cabinet is 45U's in height. So that would give me 384 usable ports out of 480 that i need for my 10 cabinets, 48 ports each for a total of 480 ports. my boss doesnt want me to waste another cabinet for wiring.

You can get away using 1u cable managers on the 48 port patch panels and switches. My recomendation would be to even put one between the two switches for even a cleaner looking cable job.

This is how i'd do it given your equipment:

48 port patch panel (2U)
Wiring manager (1U)
48 port patch panel (2U)
Switch (1U)
Wiring manager (1U)
Switch (1U)

Also, since you are mounting in a rack cabinet, considering using the rear rails for higher density mounting.

I avoid cable managers....I just use the minimum length of cables needed to go from the patch panel to the switches, in nice need parallel arcs. 1 foot or 2 foot or sometimes 3 foot cables.

Back