Cat 6.5: Odd colored edge on Far Cry, Half-Life 2

Immacolata

Weaksauce
After Cat 6.5 install I notice a thin blue edge to the left and top of my screen when playing Farcry, and a orangy ditto on my screen when playing Half-Life 2: Episode One. Both when Adaptive Anti-aliasing is turend on. When it is turned off, I notice no such thing. Im defo sure they were not there pre-6.5. Has anyone seen this happen?

Weird, I don't have problems with Adaptive AA on Farcry or Source games. Specs?

I get the same thing with Farcry. Seems like it only happens in the outdoor scenes with large amounts of water (which is a good portion of the game).

Is your card overclocked? Or running hot?

I get this if I push my card too far.

Like, a rainbow of colour along the right edge and bottom edge of the screen.

Specs are irrelevant, this is a driver issue. The X1900XT I have runs stock speed. It is not an artifact, but a thin, 1 pixel wide line to the left and top, as if the picture has been framed. It appears only in these two games so far, I am going to see how it affects BF2. It was not present in 6.4, absolutely positive about it. The line is also very consistent, I know exactly when it will show. As he says above, out door scenes on Far Cry and the bits inside the burning citadel in Episode One.

It is really interesting in Far cry because the card performs shading operations ON the blue line so it has a haze to it. Definitely driver thing.

Had a similar issue with light blooms in Oblvion with the 6.3 set. And yes, post-processing affects the colored lines, so it can get pretty annoying.

I, sadly, don't have any advice for a fix. You might try your luck at informing the Catalyst Crew after you check the knowledge base.

Add Silent Hunter 3 to the list. This time the line is green. Yeah, I might want to. Anyone here that has either of these games and can run with AAA and no strange lines?

I get multi-coloured left and top edges on Painkiller using two X1900XTs, XP 64-bit and Cat 6.3 - will be upgrading to 6.5 when I get a minute and will see how that affects things.

Back