Casters/wheels for cases

Breex243

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
252
Does anyone have a guide for choosing and installing casters/wheels for computers? I'm planning on building a metal cart-like support for my PC. That way, when I move it around my dorm room, or down the hall to the common room, it's a LOT easier than hauling it around (three rads and a half-gallon of coolant...).

I think MNPC has casters, but I'm looking for a cheap solution, but the wheels also have to be high-performance. I tried mounting these normal old casters to my full-tower and to my horror they were uneven (only one edge per caster was touching at a time) and had horrible turning. Think bad shopping cart experience, except my PC was too top-heavy, hence the need for a custom wide cart to help distribute the load.

I've thought of jacking the casters from an Aeron...but I think there's cheaper ways to get high-performance wheels.
 
Thx for the link shawnoen, but I'm aiming to keep the entire budget under $35--includes metal, JB Weld, and casters. I've seen the Lian-Li wheels (had a 1000-series that I sold), and I liked them, but they're not that good for turning sharp corners in narrow hallways (lots of them where I live). However, casters with breaks would be a nice touch.
 
Tractor supply. That's were I got the casters for my Rocketfish/LL knockoff case.
 
Your average Hardware store should sell a wide variety of casters for $5-$10 each and only require 4 bolts to mount them. Easy enough
 
Back
Top