Cases with no tempered glass side panels

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
I currently have a Lian-Li Lancool PC-K7B, but I'm looking to build a new system in a modern case with updated features. While searching around the last couple of weeks, I am really struggling to find case options that don't have tempered glass side panels. Am I just not looking hard enough, or do these options not exist?

There are a few mid size options. Antec, Coolermaster, and Thermaltake in addition to the two already mentioned. At full size there's almost nothing.

I currently have a Lian-Li Lancool PC-K7B, but I'm looking to build a new system in a modern case with updated features. While searching around the last couple of weeks, I am really struggling to find case options that don't have tempered glass side panels. Am I just not looking hard enough, or do these options not exist?
PCpartpicker.com is a good way to see price around the web and choose option like no side panel:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#B=1

You can pick bays, motherboard size and so on for your need.

Fractal. For example

Fractal Design Define 7 XL . Prob newer ones out there now though

I am feeling this now as I start to play with case ideas for a possible new build. I think another problem for me is I have a bunch of 3.5 drives I plan to use which narrows the options even more.

Newegg's search sucks now for this or they just have extremely limited stock of options these days.

Cases I am considering so far
Fractal Torrent - great for airflow with limited drive space. If I end up with an AIO seems like a waste.
Enthoo Pro 2 Server - Overkill and also not a huge fan of some of the design decisions. It actually seems like bigger would have been better. Originally designed for dual systems which I won't be doing. Loss of front mounted AIO if installing drives and limited space up top for 360mm due to how close the mobo is. I believe 55mm is the max height since radiator and fans overlap the ram. Still I keep leaning towards this case.
Antec Performance 1 Silent - doesn't seem to be out yet and no reviews of the regular Performance 1 I can find. Not a ton of drive space.

Cases that would be in the running if they did and probably others I am missing.
Meshify 2 XL
Define 7 XL
Corsair 5000D

Bonus info for Corsairs 7000 series, the doors are reversible.
I don't care for glass either but also found the selection of large cases with the layout I wanted, almost non existent.

I am feeling this now as I start to play with case ideas for a possible new build. I think another problem for me is I have a bunch of 3.5 drives I plan to use which narrows the options even more.

Newegg's search sucks now for this or they just have extremely limited stock of options these days.

Cases I am considering so far
Fractal Torrent - great for airflow with limited drive space. If I end up with an AIO seems like a waste.
Enthoo Pro 2 Server - Overkill and also not a huge fan of some of the design decisions. It actually seems like bigger would have been better. Originally designed for dual systems which I won't be doing. Loss of front mounted AIO if installing drives and limited space up top for 360mm due to how close the mobo is. I believe 55mm is the max height since radiator and fans overlap the ram. Still I keep leaning towards this case.
Antec Performance 1 Silent - doesn't seem to be out yet and no reviews of the regular Performance 1 I can find. Not a ton of drive space.

Cases that would be in the running if they did and probably others I am missing.
Meshify 2 XL
Define 7 XL
Corsair 5000D
P600S

I have one of these and is an excellent case with great air flow. I have the one without the side glass panel.

Bonus info for Corsairs 7000 series, the doors are reversible.
I don't care for glass either but also found the selection of large cases with the layout I wanted, almost non existent.

Hmm good to know. $269 for the case and then another $39 for the solid panel so I can replace the glass one would be annoying though. Though the 5000D side panel is only $14.99 which looks like it might be the best option.

P600S

I have one of these and is an excellent case with great air flow. I have the one without the side glass panel.

Thanks, missed this one somehow. I wish the Enthoo Pro 2 Server had the same internal layout. How dirty does yours get? I have a cat and based off the below video it looks like I might be cleaning it fairly often since I would remove the top and front cover.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvpwoX_mV6I

Last edited:
Reactions: Niner
like this
Thanks, missed this one somehow. I wish the Enthoo Pro 2 Server had the same internal layout. How dirty does yours get? I have a cat and based off the below video it looks like I might be cleaning it fairly often since I would remove the top and front cover.
I have two cats and my case sits on my desk. You'd have to really neglect it for it to get as dirty as it is in the HC video.

Back