Cases with easily removable air filters?

l0cke

Gawd
I went back to check up on a PC I built for someone 6 months ago. As I was trying to keep costs low, I bought some cheap china case (and cut my hands like 5 times on it!).

Anyways, their PC was full of dog hair. I would install filters but I think that would be a risk to my life, also you would have to remove the entire PC to get them out.

Any recommendations for a PC case with easily removable filters? I don't care if I have to buy them separately or not.

Cheaper is better of course but I really don't want china crap..

Case in my sig has a cleanable filter, follow the tinyurl to the Newegg page for it.

You need to remove the entire front of the case, but you can do this while the computer is on. No wires go to the front.

I have an Antec 280P? Its one of those nice silver'd ones. Anyhow the fan filters on the front simply pop out without you having to open the whole case :)

Lian Li is generally pretty good as far as easily removable air filters go, maybe you can find one of their cheaper ones?

I have an older Antec P160 that has a removable filter. Many of their cases have that built in I believe.

My Lian Li V2000 wouldnt pose any issues I'd say if only due to the size.

Likewise the P182, which isn't surprising as it's closely related to the P180. Thanks for reminding me, needed to clean them!

I tired of fooling with the hassle of cleaning/replacing internal filters.

Removed the filter, removed all air-flow restrictions as much as possible and taped cut-to-shape furnace filter media on the outside front of the air intake port. The filter media is the least restrictive media I've found. Excellent Flow-rate.

Since the media is bright white, I can easily see the surface darkening as it traps dust particles. Change it whenever you think the filter looks dirty enough to replace - takes about 2 minutes to tape a new filter in place. No case-opening required.

I buy the furnace filter in large sheets (Home Depot or Walmart) and cut to fit with scissors. Cheap, fast and effective. This stuff is pleated, about 1" thick, for increased surface area and reduced flow restriction.

Hope this helps!

Antec P160. Easy to remove front filter + grid works as filter and can be cleaned w/o opening case.

I have an Antec P180 which comes designed with built-in filters ( which I clean once a month ).

The motherboard inside looks almost brand new and I've only had to clean inside the PC once in 2.5 years ( dust on heatsinks, near fans etc. ).

I like the filters so much that I'm not sure whether to get a Xaser VII full sized case ( with no filters) to fit video cards.

It's hard to understand why more cases don't have built in filters. The only component failure that I've had was RAM failure, due to caked on dust, in a generic case.

Vid cards are a tight fit in a P180 so I'm hoping that consolidating my 2 hard drives into one Velociraptor and taking out a cage will help to accomodate a full sized video card?

Back